NATURALS: Do you only straighten your hair in cooler weather? (and other ?'s similar)

fluffylocks

1. Do you only straighten your hair in cooler months and when you know your not going anywhere humid (like a club or something)? Or anytime you feel like it? If you straighten it in humid/hot weather do you avoid staying outside long?

2. How long does your hair last when you striaghten it in cooler weather, and in warm weather.... and what is your method of straightening?

3. What does your hair look like when it starts to revert from humid/hot weather.....does it get slightly curly/wavy, or does it go straight to its regular curl pattern?

4. What is your hair type?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Re: NATURALS: Do you only straighten your hair in cooler weather? (and other ?'s simi

1. Do you only straighten your hair in cooler months and when you know your not going anywhere humid (like a club or something)? Or anytime you feel like it? If you straighten it in humid/hot weather do you avoid staying outside long?

I only straighten in cooler months. Usually from May to October there's a chance of humidity here so I wear natural styles. I never wear my hair straight if there's going to be any chance of humidity.....there's no point. It was like that when I was fully relaxed too so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

2. How long does your hair last when you striaghten it in cooler weather, and in warm weather.... and what is your method of straightening?

In cooler weather my hair lasts until my next shampoo (up to 2 weeks). I do silk wraps mainly. Occasionally I'll flat iron w/ my maxiglide.

3. What does your hair look like when it starts to revert from humid/hot weather.....does it get slightly curly/wavy, or does it go straight to its regular curl pattern?

Big and poofy like Diana Ross. It dosen't go to my regular curl pattern. It just gets slightly curly/wavy and poofy.

4. What is your hair type? 3b/c

choconillaprincess

Re: NATURALS: Do you only straighten your hair in cooler weather? (and other ?'s simi

1. I straighten whenever I feel like it because I'm from mississippi & there's nonstop humidity... so if i wait for it to not be humid i wud never straighten it

2. It actually lasts pretty long depending on who did it, what type of flat iron, etc... if u look at the graduation pics in my fotki that was a VERY hot day... I had it done at the hairdresser tho... it was soOo flat but i got sum volume eventually

3. Mine is all big and poofy too... looks like a blowout that you changed your mind about & foolishly tried to put product on to get the definition back

4. 3c w/a lil b mixed in... fine/medium

PinkSkates

1. Do you only straighten your hair in cooler months and when you know your not going anywhere humid (like a club or something)? Or anytime you feel like it? If you straighten it in humid/hot weather do you avoid staying outside long? I live in a very dry climate. It's only humid about 2 months out the year. So I straighten my hair whenever I want. I don't straighten my hair during those 2 months.
2. How long does your hair last when you striaghten it in cooler weather, and in warm weather.... and what is your method of straightening? My hair stays straight until my next shampoo. I press my hair straight with a hot comb.
3. What does your hair look like when it starts to revert from humid/hot weather.....does it get slightly curly/wavy, or does it go straight to its regular curl pattern? When my hair reverts it goes kinky/coily instantly.
4. What is your hair type? 4A fine/medium density.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

1. I straighten whenever I feel like it because I'm from mississippi & there's nonstop humidity... so if i wait for it to not be humid i wud never straighten it

2. It actually lasts pretty long depending on who did it, what type of flat iron, etc... if u look at the graduation pics in my fotki that was a VERY hot day... I had it done at the hairdresser tho... it was soOo flat but i got sum volume eventually

3. Mine is all big and poofy too... looks like a blowout that you changed your mind about & foolishly tried to put product on to get the definition back
4. 3c w/a lil b mixed in... fine/medium

Great explanation. Thats me to a T.

fluffylocks

Thanks yall. Im transitioning and trying to develop a regimen starting from January of this year, but had never read anything about this-:grin:

ladylibra

yep, only in fall/winter. i refuse to try straightening in humid/hot weather anymore, my hair sucks the moisture out of the hair even when i add anti-humectants and reverts quickly.

in cooler weather it lasts a week or so... my line of work involves a lot of running back and forth thru a restaurant/hot kitchen so it doesn't stay completely straight. i can't go longer than a week without washing or my scalp gets gross. i don't straighten in warm weather at all.

my hair gets poofy first, depending on where the moisture is coming from. if i'm sweating and my hair is in a ponytail, everything against my head gets wavy. (and not cute uniform waves, unfortunately :nono: ) if it's just out of the air (like a rainy day) my hair poofs and my ends start to recoil and shrink.

4. What is your hair type?

this is a loaded question... :lachen: i'm something between 3c and 4a apparently. nobody seems to agree on which hairtype i am, but i lean more towards 4a i think. i prefer to call myself a thick-haired OS thready on the LOIS system.

glamazon386

1. Do you only straighten your hair in cooler months and when you know your not going anywhere humid (like a club or something)? Or anytime you feel like it? If you straighten it in humid/hot weather do you avoid staying outside long? Anytime I feel like it. I did get it done once over the summer and it didn't stay at first. I ended up running the flat iron through it again with a little curl wax and it stayed straight after that.

2. How long does your hair last when you striaghten it in cooler weather, and in warm weather.... and what is your method of straightening? Until I wash it out. My hairdresser blow dries with a paddle brush and then flat irons.

3. What does your hair look like when it starts to revert from humid/hot weather.....does it get slightly curly/wavy, or does it go straight to its regular curl pattern? It just gets puffy. It still looks fairly straight just puffy. My curls won't come back until it actually gets wet.

4. What is your hair type? 4a/3c

Funkeedva

Great thread!

1. Do you only straighten your hair in cooler months and when you know your not going anywhere humid (like a club or something)? Or anytime you feel like it? If you straighten it in humid/hot weather do you avoid staying outside long? I only straighten in the spring/fall/ winter months because the humidity here kills the style. It's wash and wear with a little leave in during the summer.

2. How long does your hair last when you striaghten it in cooler weather, and in warm weather.... and what is your method of straightening? Probably 3 days at most. It tends to get oily when I wrap it. any moisture will revert it.

3. What does your hair look like when it starts to revert from humid/hot weather.....does it get slightly curly/wavy, or does it go straight to its regular curl pattern? It gets wavy and a little frizzy and just BIG! I have to try the Aveda anti-humectant on my edges. They curl up quickly.

4. What is your hair type? 3b/c

clever

1. Do you only straighten your hair in cooler months and when you know your not going anywhere humid (like a club or something)? Or anytime you feel like it? If you straighten it in humid/hot weather do you avoid staying outside long?Whenever.Generally in the cooler months though.

2. How long does your hair last when you striaghten it in cooler weather, and in warm weather.... and what is your method of straightening?In the summer I use a pressing comb,in the winter I use my maxiglide.It can last upto 2 weeks.

3. What does your hair look like when it starts to revert from humid/hot weather.....does it get slightly curly/wavy, or does it go straight to its regular curl pattern? Slightly wavy and HUGE.It starts to look swollen.

4. What is your hair type?3b/c?