problem scalp -anyone

mirrormirror

Hi ladies,
I dont know if I have an overly sweaty scalp. But like two or three days after I wash my hair, my scalp seems to get really oily that I can smell it, and so my hair gets oily. And I do not put any kind of hairdressing on my hair. And I do not workout or do anything that works up sweat.

What do ya'll think it could be- or how can I prevent this? Thanks in advance.

Nonie

Hi Mirror!

I'm not sure what you can do internally to solve that problem but I'm sure someone like Brownie will be on later with an answer. But I can suggest steps you can take to treat it from the outside.

I've been reading up on Aromatherapy and trying out a few recipes that use natural products. On one of the webpages I've been reading, they had a recipe for solving the problem of oily hair and scalp. Maybe that'll help: Hair Treatments for Oily Hair and Dandruff

I would also like to recommend Aubrey Organics' Rosemary and Sage Hair and Scalp Rinse. That's my recently found love.
Both Sage and Rosemary are great for oily scalp, and general hair health and growth. I don't have an oily scalp but I love a squeaky clean scalp. And the marriage of Sage to Rosemary sounded like such a perfect match I couldn't resist picking it up when I saw it at The Vitamin Shoppe. And I am glad I gave in to temptation for I am so in love
. Every wash that includes this Rinse leaves my scalp feeling heavenly.
And the Rinse is indeed made for normal to oily scalp and hair. So please give it a shot. And if you don't like it, I'll be happy to relieve you of it.

Tracy

MM...

Hi Honey!

I have a naturally oily scalp. My solution is (and has always been) to wash often - every two days or so. Since I started conditioner washes I don't need shampoo more than once a week - but when my scalp feels "sticky", I wash. No hesitation. When it was out of control, Jade recommended ACV rinses - and they helped balance the acidity? sebum production? of my scalp. I did them once a week. Not for long. I should start back but I haven't had the time....

I also make sure that I DON'T use a moisturzing shampoo. Any shampoo specifically geared toward "dry" hair is a no no for my scalp. I focus shampoo on my scalp and conditioner on my ends. That helps too.

If you just have a mildly oily scalp (A good thing BTW!) with no flakes or issues with the actual SKIN on your scalp, one or more oft he above might work.

Good Luck!