Proclaim Argan Relaxer

shiney_sapphire

Larger View
Proclaim Argan Oil Relaxer Mild

Have any of you seen or tried this? I was using the Elasta QP Soy Oyl and liked the results but I think the freshness went too quick. All of the relaxers I have bought in the big tubs I was was able to use to the bottom without the strong relaxer smell...like it spoiled or something.
Came across this one in Sally's.

alive

this is kind of off topic, but i've been noticing a proliferation of all things argan oil lately. what's going on? is there something to this oil or just another fad? am i missing something?

PearlyCurly

I think i might try that one day, Not only does it have Argan oil(which i dont really care about) but it also has jojoba oil & shea butter:grin:

Have you tried Silk Elements Relaxer w/ Shea butter.
I love that one, even though i only used it once..

CA*Nappy

Haven't heard or known about this one. But I suspected that a new version of their products was about to happen when I visited Sally's awhile ago and lot of the old product line was on clearance.

I use the old product line relaxer faithly so I sure this one should be as good. Might try this one on my daughter as I found the switch to Alter Ego Relaxer a little to strong for her hair.

shiney_sapphire

this is kind of off topic, but i've been noticing a proliferation of all things argan oil lately. what's going on? is there something to this oil or just another fad? am i missing something?

It maybe a fad but my hair likes it!

I think i might try that one day, Not only does it have Argan oil(which i dont really care about) but it also has jojoba oil & shea butter:grin:

Have you tried Silk Elements Relaxer w/ Shea butter.
I love that one, even though i only used it once..

Yes, I used it for about a year and switched. I usually don't use relaxers for longer than a year at a time. I may go back to it though.

Haven't heard or known about this one. But I suspected that a new version of their products was about to happen when I visited Sally's awhile ago and lot of the old product line was on clearance.

I use the old product line relaxer faithly so I sure this one should be as good. Might try this one on my daughter as I found the switch to Alter Ego Relaxer a little to strong for her hair.

I used the regular one a long time ago and can't remember how it worked. I may wait on a review or two before I try it.

Prudent1

**:curtain:peeks into thread w/ unrelaxed hair**
alive,
Argan oil is the latest 'big' thing like 18 months ago errbody had olive oil whatever. But as OP said, I too have gotten great results with Argan oil. It seemed to absorb easily w/o a traditional oily feel and had a pleasant odor. I use it blended with some other ceramides to seal my hair with.
**steps out of thread**

shunemite

It's been around for a while, it just wasn't popular. It is a really good oil. I've never tried it, but it's not a bad one to try coz it is beneficial. It's just that companies are smart and when they realize customers like something they will add it to their product in order to increase sales. Kind of like the whole thing on food labels now that say, "no trans fats" or "low carb", it's to get you to buy the product. Not a good or bad thing, just business.

CA*Nappy

It's been around for a while, it just wasn't popular. It is a really good oil. I've never tried it, but it's not a bad one to try coz it is beneficial. It's just that companies are smart and when they realize customers like something they will add it to their product in order to increase sales. Kind of like the whole thing on food labels now that say, "no trans fats" or "low carb", it's to get you to buy the product. Not a good or bad thing, just business.

So True! The "Kind of like the whole thing on food labels now that say, "no trans fats" or "low carb", it's to get you to buy the product. Not a good or bad thing, just business. "

AlliCat

I've never heard of this relaxer but I :love: argan oil. I haven't had the best experience with the Proclaim brand and lye relaxers in general so I won't be trying, but please keep us posted if you decide to try it.

shiney_sapphire

I've never heard of this relaxer but I :love: argan oil. I haven't had the best experience with the Proclaim brand and lye relaxers in general so I won't be trying, but please keep us posted if you decide to try it.

Right....my sister used the argan poo, con, and oil and like it. I compared the ingredients to the sally's argan brand oil and proclaim had less ingredients (assuming more actual argan oil maybe :perplexed). I may wait for some reviews before I become a guinea pig! lol

nickpoopie

I don't know if I'll be trying it out but I am a consistent user of argan oil. I stretch my relaxers to every 20 weeks and when I relax I add argan oil to my relaxer (I use Affirm) and my hair comes out so soft and shiny. I'm into roller-setting so before I start I always apply raw shea oil along with a few drops of argan oil and style as usual. My hair feels so silky once it dries. After about 8 weeks when those roots start sprouting out, I wash and DC and add the oils because they soften my roots and I wear straw sets until it's time to relax in 12 more weeks. I think the oils also keep my hair from breaking during stretching because I hardly ever noticed "hair in the sink."

nickpoopie

I'm not sure, I'll check when I get off work. I bought it from the beauty supply store, it was in the section with all the other oils. I also bought my raw shea oil there too.

NIN4eva

I think Argan oil is just OK. I've tried the pricey stuff (Moroccanoil brand) and the more wallet friendly (Sally's One n Only, etc) and I've gone back to John Frida Frizz Ease. The JF is even MORE wallet-friendly and I don't need to reapply constantly. My experience with Argan oil is little shine hours after I apply, which means I need to carry some around (like I need more crap to lug around) to reapply, which leads to greasy looking hair. I use a little JF on damp hair after shampooing/cond or cowashing and my leave in and I'm good to go for days.

And all those conditioner's and shampoo's with Argan Oil? Very unimpressive.

nickpoopie

Ok, so I looked at the label and it's Hask Argan oil but its not 100%, it also contains jojoba oil and is infused with keratin enhancers. I personally love the stuff but I'm going to shop around and compare other brands.

shiney_sapphire

thanks ladies! i haven't seen the hask brand and the john frizz ease was too heavy for my hair. the proclaim is pretty cheap though but some can get pretty expensive

shiney_sapphire

Okay ladies I couldn't resist! Sally's had a sale $14.99 for the large tub and you get the liter of poo for free . I tried it and must say it's a keeper so far. For the first time using it my hair responded well. The relaxer is a light creamy, almost fluffy texture without a strong relaxer smell. No burning at all. I like my hair straight and it was without being flat and dry.

I know, I know where are the pics? I'm laying in bed with my hair wrapped so when I get up and get picture ready I will post some. Just wanted to give a quick review.