Product 411: CB Smoothe

Smiley79

I've been using CB Smoothe products for some months now and I just want to share how much I really like it. :superbanana: My hair feels very soft and manageable; great slip too. Very gentle yet effective products. Apply with heat and I'm good to go. (Honestly, I am not knowledgeable in the area of reading ingredients and knowing every single detail of what's considered good or not, but thus far it has worked well for my hair) My old hairdresser used to use this line religiously on her clients.The prices are reasonable; the only downfall is that you don't find it at your local BSS. I order it through Irby's Beauty Supply Online. Here's a link: http://www.irbysbeautysupply.com/CBSMOOTHE.html

My goal is to simplify my product usage (K.I.S.S.) and this one is definately going to be one of staples. Just wanted to share with you ladies! HTH.:yawn:

Smiley79

I use the 6N1 Conditioner (Reconstructor) and the Triple Silk Conditioner...I started off with those two. I think that those serve as your "protein conditoner" and then I always follow with 30-60 minutes of Keracare Humecto, Kenra or AO HSR for my "moisture" conditioner.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Oooh, I wanna try that Triple Silk and the serums!

Smiley, which products do you recommend?

Smiley79

My hairdresser used to use the whole line...and all the clients hair looked great! I only stopped going to her because she moved to the ATL. On my own, I have only used the Triple Silk and the 6-N-1 Conditioner thus far; so I can speak for those two personally. The prices are so reasonable that it's worth a shot without having wasted a bunch of money. I really like it. As I mentioned above, I think those conditioners serve as a mild-medium protein. So just to be safe, I follow with mositure and I am very pleased each time. I plan to continue this simple regimen now after the BC and I'll follow the progress.

Smiley79

OT: Tiffers were you also a Golden Girls fan. i thought I was the only one who was gonna need therapy to get over m addiction of that show and to cope with the loss of favorite slick-mouth-sister "Dorothy"! :)

tiffers

OT: Tiffers were you also a Golden Girls fan. i thought I was the only one who was gonna need therapy to get over m addiction of that show and to cope with the loss of favorite slick-mouth-sister "Dorothy"! :)
I'm a huge GG fan! I was sooooo sad when Bea died, even shed a few tears. I'm actually still sad about it, but I'm getting better ;) She was my absolute fave on the show, I can't believe she's gone :(

jasmin

Thanks...I've used the triple silk and really like it. It was a staple but I stop buying it for some reason. I wonder about the shampoos. I love to match.

tiffers

Can you post the Triple Silk ingredients?
Does it smell good?
How does your hair feel after rinsing?
:grin:

LABETT

I bought a few CB Smoothe product during my PJism days,I was using so much stuff I cant remember what I think of the Triple Silk Conditioner and tossed it.
I now use the 6-N 1 Reconstructor consistently after my perm and love the results.
I have use the Blue conditioner with good results in the past,cant remember the name but it gives good tingle and moisture.,The lady said this conditioner was there number one seller of the line and the 24 Gold Carrot Oil which gives great shine to the hair.
I had a local black BBS in area that used to sells these products and I would get them half price.

jasmin

I bought a few CB Smoothe product during my PJism days,I was using so much stuff I cant remember what I think of the Triple Silk Conditioner and tossed it.
I now use the 6-N 1 Reconstructor consistently after my perm and love the results.
I have use the Blue conditioner with good results in the past,cant remember the name but it gives good tingle and moisture.,The lady said this conditioner was there number one seller of the line and the 24 Gold Carrot Oil which gives great shine to the hair.
I had a local black BBS in area that used to sells these products and I would get them half price.

The Blue conditioner was the number one seller?

Smiley, what shampoo do you use?

LABETT

The CB Smoothie conditioner that is the best seller in my area is called Cool Silk Moisture Silk Conditioner,I just pulled it out of my stash.
The conditioner comes in a 8oz bottle,16oz jar, 2lb tub, 60 oz size,Men and women buy the conditioner.
The conditioner has a man and woman face on the bottle. :weird:
I remember people driving several miles to purchase and Barbers use it in their shop.
I have not heard many people rave about this one just the Triple Silk conditioner.
I also found a leave in conditioner by CB Smoothie in my stash that I have never used.:sad:

Last edited:

ryanshope

I posted about this conditioner a few months ago and yes it is the truth! I haven't used it since I went natural in Feb, but I have a huge tube that I got from Bronner Bros. so hopeful it works just as well(im sure it will). I use the Triple Silk and my hair felt so good afterwards...too bad it is kinda hard to find.

Smiley79

Wow, I think I'm gonna give that one a try then...

Tiffers...it smells neutral, not fruity but not stinky. A mild scent. My hair feels very light and manageable afterwards. A+

Jasmin...I haven't used their shampoo yet because I want to finish what I have before purchasing new product (I've been using ElastaQP Moisturizing Shampoo, I love it) But I wouldn't mind sticking to the CB Smoothe set for consistency and simplicity.

Smiley79

Labett...now that I think of it I think I do remember my hairdresser using that on my hair back in the day. And if it reflects its name it did feel like a "cool" sensation on the scalp.:detective:Hmmm, excuse me while I go browse around the Irbys website and look at these prodcuts in more detail:user:

jasmin

Wow, I think I'm gonna give that one a try then...

Tiffers...it smells neutral, not fruity but not stinky. A mild scent. My hair feels very light and manageable afterwards. A+

Jasmin...I haven't used their shampoo yet because I want to finish what I have before purchasing new product (I've been using ElastaQP Moisturizing Shampoo, I love it) But I wouldn't mind sticking to the CB Smoothe set for consistency and simplicity.

Elasta Creme shampoo is one of the best.

Smiley79

Yes, I've been very happy with it. Between my 30 min EVOO prepoo and the Elasta QP Poo, my hair feels so good and moist after my wash. But I can vouch that the CB Smoothe Poos feel good too, but I don't want to become a PJ. Finish one product first before buying another. :angel2:

Smiley79

Wow, what a throw back post. I want to try CB Smoothe products on my natural hair and see if I like the results. I finished my jar of moisture conditioner and want to try another brand. I'll see how this one works for me now.