Product Junkie Challenge!!

Lindy

<font color="red"> Calling all PJ Challenge participants...

Norma15, CrownnGlori, Tee, JenJen2721, shinyblackhair, pooh123, perfectpeace, Digitalrain, lthomas1, nutmeg, asha, longhairgoal, megonw, JenJen2721, Tee, hairlove, sithembile, HotCoCoGurl130, tracyannette... </font>

How did everyone do in March?? It's CHEAT WEEK(S) starting on Thursday!!
We have until April 14th to buy whatever products we want!!

On April 15th, we'll resume the challenge and go until July 1st. If anyone is ending their challenge here, let me know so I can remove your name from the list!!

I did good in March. I did replenish my Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Mask - it was on sale at ShopRite, plus I had a coupon, so I got it for $1.49!!! (I couldn't pass up that deal!!
) I also have to tell you that I started my Cheat Week a couple of days early!! I was near the BSS today, so I stopped in and indulged in a few products!!

Here's what I got:

1) Profectiv Break-Free (and I hope I like it, cuz i got the BIG size!!
)

2) Salerm 21 Leave-In

3) Salerm Wheat Germ Oil Mask

4) Nacidit Olive Oil Conditioner

Those are all things I've been wanting to try. I don't think I'll be buying anything else over the next two weeks, but I do plan on being in the area of the BSS again on April 8th, so let's see if I can resist!!
(I'm sure I'll think of something else I want by then!!
)

Don't forget to post and tell us what you all bought!!

sithembile

I even forgot I was in this challenge
During March I bought Smooth n Shine serum, Jason dandruff relief shampoo, Aphogee treatment and balancing moisturiser! But, thats it till July 1st (I hope)!

aqualung

See, what had happened was...

I bought Breakthru shampoo and Elucence conditioner the week of March 19th when I was battling new growth. But then I went ahead and got a touchup at 7.5 weeks. The two (only 2) new products are sitting on my desk unused, so technically I'm not in violation.

But now that it's cheat week, I'll try them out. Plus my rollerset from the 19th is SO flat now.

Lindy

OK Ladies... Where are you???!!!

Well, we're right in the middle of cheat weeks, and so far I've bought the things mentioned in my above post, and I also just got Wheat Germ Almond Hair Reconstructor from Bath &amp; Body Works... it was on sale for $5 (regularly $10) and I needed to buy something in order to use a coupon I had for a free body lotion!!

Is anyone else taking advantage of the cheat weeks??

Lindy

bumping

We have a few new participants... Welcome to Nice, Lisatamika, and cutebajangirl!!
Good Luck, ladies!!

I'll continue to post updates monthly to see how everyone is doing!! The challenge officially continues starting today.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Can I Jump in on this challenge!?
I am trying to stick with the products that are working for me...and not try anything new.

DigitalRain

I bought Elucence relaxer and their neutralizing shampoo. I have to admit I've been weak a few times but I'm struggling to reform and I'll will win this battle of PJism.

Irresistible

omg im so in on this challenge, only im not gonna even cheat during the cheat times..i went over my spending in the last month or so, and ive been in stock up mode like all the products are gonna disapear or somethin...im talkin alot of money. i looked at alll my stuff and i figure if i use it all wisely i have 6 to 8 months worth of products for me and my daughter...that included all the oils and butters as well as the reg products...i dont need to buy another thing...and if anyone catches me even thinking about , please slap me back to reality....cause this is ridiculous, i could of taken a nice vacation with all the money i've spent...no more products for me ..im straight!!!! im not even gonna click on the rave posts anymore.....nope i wont do it!! I CANNOT BELEIVE WHAT IVE SPENT!!! Salleys aint seeing my face and i aint clickin on fromnaturewithlove till the end of the year!!!! heck i might have to stay off here too

I also bought Aveda products during this time too, dang i must think im rich or somethin....back to the basics and stretchin out all this stuff i got

Lindy

I know what you mean Iris!! The reason I started this challenge was because in 2003, because of the raves posted on this board, I went crazy buying hair stuff! I guess my hair is thanking me for it now
, but I think I have enough to last me over a year!!

Anyway, welcome to the Challenge, and good luck!!

Nutmeg

Hey Lindy! I just wanted to check in (I've been MIA from the boards for a minute because my mother had major surgery in March) to let you know that I'm still with the Challenge. I bought some conditioners during the cheat period, but not a bunch of stuff.

And now, we'll forge on...

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Nutmeg said:
Hey Lindy! I just wanted to check in (I've been MIA from the boards for a minute because my mother had major surgery in March) to let you know that I'm still with the Challenge. I bought some conditioners during the cheat period, but not a bunch of stuff.

And now, we'll forge on...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you're still in, Nutmeg
, and I hope your Mom is doing well!!

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Here's what I got:

1) Profectiv Break-Free (and I hope I like it, cuz i got the BIG size!!
)

2) Salerm 21 Leave-In

3) Salerm Wheat Germ Oil Mask

4) Nacidit Olive Oil Conditioner

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Lindy
, I am failing out of this challenge!

I want Salerm and Nacidit. I want to take them to this Dominican salon near me. All this will happen before July. (The wanting started AFTER cheat week, mind you.) I even called the salon to see if they stock these products already. They said to buy them and bring them in!

Rationalization: Hmmm
. I'll transgress for these products, but then I'll quit shopping for, like, EVER. I wait for massive raves on the board before I shop, so I'm not technically an impulse buyer. I buy specific products to solve specific problems, so the purchases are not gratuitous. Yes...

Lindy

Meg,
I don't blame you for wanting to try the Nacidit and the Salerm21!! They're BOTH great!!

So go ahead and make those purchases and then jump back on the bandwagon, k??

Lindy

Alright ladies... How's everyone doing???

I'm sorry to say that I have fallen off the wagon this month!!
::::hanging my head in shame:::: I did great for the 3 months (Jan-April) but it seems like as soon as "cheat weeks" came, and I bought some stuff, I got the fever again!!
It's like I couldn't stop!!

This month I purchased a Honey Wheat Sebastian Colourshines, and Ego Boost Leave-In Conditioners (both were purchases from forum members; thanks ladies for contributing to my PJ'ism!!
Just kidding!!) CBG, our trades don't count!!

Anyway, I'm jumping back on for the month of June!! NO MORE PRODUCTS until July 1st!!!

Anyone else have any confessions??

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Anyone else have any confessions??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have sinned more.
I bought Nutrine garlic shampoo and conditioner. I bought Nacidit olive oil rinse and Salerm 21. I bought Phytodefrisant just yesterday.

However, my penance will be a donation of about a dozen products to a local shelter (including the stripping garlic shampoo and mineral oily Nacidit rinse), and a humble refusal to try any more challenges.

Upside: I can't think of a single new product that I'm even REMOTELY interest in trying. (I'm not worried. LHCF will fix that with a quickness!)

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
megonw said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I bought Nacidit olive oil rinse and Salerm 21. I bought Phytodefrisant just yesterday.

However, my penance will be a donation of about a dozen products to a local shelter (including the stripping garlic shampoo and mineral oily Nacidit rinse

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you didn't like the Nacidit rinse, huh?? I haven't tried it, but I guess that explains why they sell the big half gallon size for only $12.!!!

Nutmeg

Well, since you guys started...

I confess: I bought the whole NTM line and some CON. I'm so ashamed...but hey, I blame the boards! If it weren't for all the raves and such, I might have resisted!

But seriously, like Megon, I can't think of anything else I could possible need or want...I hope?

DigitalRain

I've bought so much till its shameful. NTM (but I split the cost with my mom) Elucence, and Salerm and other items I won't mention. Temptation was too great and I gave in without a struggle.

TrustMeLove

I was in some product Junkie Challenge I don't know which one but i KNOW ITS over JULY 1ST.

But, I haven't bought anything. I was thinking about some shea butter for my face with the black soap..but I haven't decided. So it doesn't count if I buy it because its for my face. Hehe :-D

-aye

Lindy

Oops, I forgot to confess that I ordered 2 of those scented Protein Hair Mists from Flower Peddler

Please don't spank me again Allandra; my booty is still sore from the first one!!

chanou

A month ago I went to Ikea and bought an extra shelving unit to put in my bathroom so I can stock my hair products in a proper manner
- But I swear, I'm not a PJ junkie like you guys
....... I only buy hair products that I need
(DENIAL)

Dandy112

So far for the month of May I have been doing pretty good. There were some temptations but I resisted!!
On to the next month, hopefully I wont give in

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Oops, I forgot to confess that I ordered 2 of those scented Protein Hair Mists from Flower Peddler

Please don't spank me again Allandra; my booty is still sore from the first one!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, no spanking.

Lindy

Well, last night I was in Trade Secret and I couldn't resist jumping on that 2 for $26 Liter Sale on Kenra conditioner!!
OK, I MAY order the LHL All in One Treatment, but after that, I'm on the bandwagon again for June!!