Make it fun all year long challenge -- CHallenge JUNKIE

JJamiah

:rolleyes::rolleyes:I was just thinking about this, don't know if it has been done, but hey it felt like it might be fun: What do you think?

January & February - Start your year off right, get a trim and deep condition challenge--- Stake your claim weather you want to be SL,APL,BSL or WL or more, Tell us now check in is in JUNE! we got 6 months of this

March & April - Lets have a protective style challange, including Phony Pony's and wigs

May & June - Lets have a growth aid keep it up challenge -- How about that length check. New Goal time &/or NO HEAT IN YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE

July & August - CO-Wash Challenge & NO BUYING CHALLENGE, HEY KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET CHALLENGE!

September & October - Keep your hands out your hair challenge & SWap unwanted Products with another member

November & December - Growth Aid CHallenge, get ready for the new year, we have places to see and hair to grow!!!!

You girls get the idea. That way we can keep it very interesting! It's like shopping for me, I get bored with one thing and then blah blah blah!

Just an Idea for Next year's challenges or this year after alot of the other ones cease. What do you ladies think?

I think we can have a Main challenge with mini games. Like reach APL by june, and have 3 mini games included; a co-wash, a growth aid, a protective style, deep conditioning mini games. :D

People say it takes 30 days to make a habit, it not only teaches us good habits but helps us along the way.

Last edited:

JJamiah

Sample of JUNE-DEcember 09 challenge

June - December BSL Challenge 09 (? APL or BSL?) I am hoping to make APL by May 2009-- should we just leave length open, so all can join, HMM?
The mini games are posted below, you can use any of them before hand but in order to keep to the rules we will start with one, yet we are going to continue to do co-wash challenge into deep condition challenge, just because the co-washing will become habit or you can choose to stop if it isn't working for you, we can now focus on Deep condition challenge, and so forth.

• (June-JULY) Co Wash Challenge – Post Starting PICS - you must co wash at least once a week, check in once every two weeks, state what your using, and in the initial post, tell us what Co-washing has changed in your regimen.

• (July-August) Deep Condition Challenge – This is to express how important Deep Conditioning (DC’ing) is it, it helps many people. You must use atleast one Deep conditioner once a week. Let us know in your initial post what you use and what you love about it. Check in weekly to every other week to let us know how it is going.
• (September-October) Growth Aid Challenge– Use it atleast 3 times a week. Let us know what your using, we want to know when you start and how it’s going, what you mix together if anything at all and what is it doing for you right now. We need pre-measurements from your hair line to the back Please post pictures August 24, these will be starting pics.

• (November-December) Protective Style Challenge – Here is protecting our ends and reaching our goals by avoiding rubbing out our hair. You can use a wig, PHONY Pony as long as it isn’t ripping out your sides, braids, weaves, wraps, partial pieces, Buns, what ever protective styles you use, we must do this, you only get one pass! You must wear a silk or satin wrap around your hair during bed time. To avoid drying your hair out, this is also protective.

FINAL REVEAL, Please post pictures by the end of December, show off all your hard work!

Is this okay?

I did not want to over do it with the mini games, I would love the keep your money in your pocket game with one of the lighter challenges. Blah! <--- When I get tongue-tied!!

Last edited:

JJamiah

This was my original idea on my MS Word – I changed the other to fit the end of this year.

January – June APL Challenge 2010

The mini games are posted below, you can use any of them before hand but in order to keep to the rules we will start with one, yet we are going to continue to do co-wash challenge into deep condition challenge, just because the co-washing will become habit, we can now focus on Deep condition challenge, and so forth.

• (January) Co Wash Challenge – Post Starting PICS - you must co wash at least once a week, check in once every two weeks, state what your using, and in the initial post, tell us what Co-washing has changed in your regimen.

• (February) Deep Condition Challenge – This is to express how important Deep Conditioning (DC’ing) is it, it helps many people. You must use atleast one Deep conditioner once a week. Let us know in your initial post what you use and what you love about it. Check in weekly to every other week to let us know how it is going.
• (March-April) Growth Aid Challenge– Use it atleast 3 times a week. Let us know what your using, we want to know when you start and how it’s going, what you mix together if anything at all and what is it doing for you right now. We need pre-measurements from your hair line to the back Please post pictures March 24, these will be starting pics.

• (April-June) Protective Style Challenge – Here is protecting our ends and reaching our goals by avoiding rubbing out our hair. You can use a wig, PHONY Pony as long as it isn’t ripping out your sides, braids, weaves, wraps, partial pieces, Buns, what ever protective styles you use, we must do this, you only get one pass! You must wear a silk or satin wrap around your hair during bed time. To avoid drying your hair out, this is also protective.

June – December Challenge- BSL 2009 plus mini games
Get your dusting on, search and destroy- please we aren’t trying to cut off our growth so let’s limit it to dusting. If needed and below are the mini games!

• (June-July) Growth Aid Challenge Intermediate – It’s warm outside and we are already getting lots of growth, Why not increase it a bit. Use your growth aid 4 times a week. POST STARTING PICS

• August – Yes one month of , KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET CHALLENGE, yes it’s hard for us, but lets use up what we have, keep our money in our pockets, if you feel like your slipping, get on the board, we will talk you out of it. :D, KEEP UP your growth aids!

• (September-October) No Direct Heat Challenge – Keep up your growth aids as well as NO HEAT for the next few months, that means let’s air dry, no Flat Irons, curlers, or any direct heat.

• (November) – Deep Conditioning Intermediate/Advanced – Use a Deep conditioner for atleast 20-30 minutes with Heat at least once a week. I want to know how your hair feels now, because at the end of October We want to know how DC has changed your hair.

• (December) – Message your scalp Challenge – Weather your using growth aids, oils, water or nothing at all, Message your scalp 3 Days out of the week for 15 minutes at a time. Let’s get those follicles stimulated.

Other Ideas for challenges
1. Take care of your body and Grow some hair challenge – Exercise, Drink Water, take your vitamins challenge – Lets leave the things that stunt our growth out of our bodies

2. Weekly Partner Challenge – Challenge someone once a month to keep up with you. It helps us to feel like we better stay on the right track or else. After a month your able to swap for someone else.

3. PJ’s Clean out your closet/KEEP YOU MONEY IN YOUR POCKET- swap the products you haven’t used in 3-6 months with another member interested in the item. And Don’t buy new ones, you can only get it if it is swapped.

4. PUT THAT COMB DOWN Challenge- that includes your fingers and brushes, keep it out of your hair for this challenge. Low manipulation is the key, we want to retain every strand.

Any other ideas!

jaded_faerie

Well I'd like to be full SL by the end of the year...I haven't put direct heat on my hair since last May....so I have no idea what length I am. I will take some sort of starting pic before the end of the month..

I also think this challenge should include all lengths...

I plan on getting some Senegalese braids put in by the end of the month and will keep them in till the end of May, right in time for the co wash challenge.

This challenge seems like so much fun. great idea by the way!