Product Review - Creme of Nature Conditioner

jazzyfunknastee

I bought this today (and broke my PJ Challenge LOL Don't beat me!) when I was going to re-up my CON Shampoo. The full name is Creme Of Nature Nourishing Conditioner. It claims are: (front of bottle) "Moisturizes & Detangles. Restores Shine & Body. Provides Heat Protection" Back of bottle: "Creme Of Nature Nourishing Conditioner contains natural oils and extracts that condition and protect natural and chemically treated hair. Coconut Oil strengthens hair strands, while Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter provide the necessary moisture for healthy hair. Jojoba Oil and Soybean Oil improve manageability and provide a long-lasting shine. This blend of natural nutrients creates the path for healthy hair."

First thing, the scent is a bit hard to take for me. It's not perfumey but more chemical-y. It's actually giving me a slight headache (have it in my hair now.) It's very thick. It's in a bottle though.

Directions: "After shampooing with Creme of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo, rinse thoroughly and towel dry. Massage a generous amount of Nourishing Conditioner throughout hair. Comb through with a large tooth comb for even-coverage from root to end. Leave on hair for 5 minutes. For deep conditioning, cover hair with plastic cap and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse and style as desired."

Ingredients are: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alchol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Phenym Trimethicon, Polyquaternium-10, Polyquaternium-32, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja )Soybean Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cholesterol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Pathenol, Isostearyl Ethylimidazolinium EthoSulfate, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Phenoxyethanol.

Yall owe me for that list LOL Took me forever to type. I'll update when I rinse out (had it in for an hour already.)

karezone

Did you get it at sally's. Y'all are turning me into a PJ! I enjoy the Creame of nature Shampoo although it does smell like medicine. Since I am a broke college student I am looking for a Nexxus stand in. The off brand nexxus is no good. Creme of nature is what I will most likely be using for the next two years or until I get a real job, Walmart does not pay alot.

jazzyfunknastee

karezone, no, I bought it at a "we sell everything including toilet seats, plumbing fixtures, dog food and maxi pads" discount store in Brooklyn called "Homegirls" (formerly "Homeboys") on Nostrand Avenue between Avenue D and Cortelyou Avenue. I don't know if Sally's has it because I don't buy products there. You can call and check though.

Peachtree

Jazzyfunknastee, thanks for the info girl. I heard about it but I haven't actually began looking for it (yet). I can't wait to read your update post. I hope u receive desired results

jazzyfunknastee

Update: It gave me lots of slip. Not one tangle (well just the front by my widow's peak but I'm pretty sure that's due to the shower water). Only lost hair due to shedding. Although I'm not too fond of the smell, it moisturized pretty good. I'll just drop some other kinda fragrance oil in it. Next time I'll try it with my heating cap and see how that works. It's cheap too: $2.99 for a 8 oz bottle. The bigger one was $3.99.

miss_brown

Thanks for the update, Jazzy! I'm sitting with ORS Hair Mayo in my hair now (which I know gives no slip, but I wanted to use up the last of it, plus I needed a protein treatment). I'm planning on following up with Fantasia Deep Penetrating or Motions Moisture Plus, but after reading your review (especially the price
) I'll have to try this next time.

daviine

Thanks for the review---and I especially like that you included where I could pick some up form. I know exactly what store you're talking about.

MiaLi

Great details Jazzy! There was an earlier thread on this CoN conditioner. Keep us posted on your results with it.

Titansgirl

Thanks for the review, but you know we can't let you get off that easily w/o
Only two mor weeks to go!!!
Just messing w/ you. I'm going to have to check this product out in June. Man... there are so many products to try. I might just lose my mind on June 1!! Stores watch out!!!!

KitaWita

I've got have it!! I just love Creme of Nature Shampoo, so of course I have to get the conditioner. I have quite a lengthy list of things to get come June 1.

jazzyfunknastee

I forgot to warn yall. It's VERY thick. It's hard to squeeze outta the bottle (but then again I'm just weak.) It might be easier to just shake out. All in all, it's a 8 out of 10 (2 points off for the smell and texture.)

beana3

thanks jazzy, CON already makes the BEST shampoo in the world
Hmmm now my sick behind is going to look all over for it...

Paris Belle

I'll just wait for Beana to find it now..Since she's known for quoting prices and where to find the best deals in NYC...LOL...

beana3

LOL, i have actually managed to stay OUT of the BSS' since we purchased the serum... i'll look out for the conditioner though!

Armyqt

I went to Sally's today looking for this. Needless to say they didn't have it.

The lady in Sally's commented to me that a few ladies were in there this evening looking for the same thing
As far as I know, there is only one other member on this board who lives in my town. There are definitely some local lurkers hanging out here. Come on out yall, don't be scurred

Jade21

Jazz,

You were a bad girl for posting this
I am also in the May Challenge with you so I can rib you.

I thought your review was excellent and thank you so much for typing out the ingredients. I agree with you about the CON smell..it's not really medicinal, nor herbally, but definitely needs improvement. It's hard to describe it.

I would LOVE the THICKNESS. Do you know whether the larger size was 16oz or even larger? That is a great price!

~Jade~

jazzyfunknastee

You know what Jade? Bump you LOL You know you wanna cheat!

I realized what the smell is like: silicone (or plastic). It does have cones in it but it also feels like silicone. It's strange, really.

The other bottle I saw was about the size of the big CON shampoo (not the huge salon one). It's probably 16oz. It may be more expensive wherever you buy it because this store is known for it's cheap deals.

Jade21

Hey, Jazz!

Girl, yes, I have been tempted by this conditioner as you described it and I have been amassing coupons...hehehe. I had 4 weeks of Wash. Post Sunday papers (inserts) and went through them the other day and will be using these after the May Challenge.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

~Jade~

Paris Belle

Yes, CON could really add a fragrance to their products..Make it smell fruit like or something..

Part of the reason I was impressed with L'anza Protein Plus was because of its smell (like coconuts) and the way it works..

Although I didn't like Joico, it smells like pineapples, and LUST smells great, and Garnier Fructis' smell was also delightful..

There's no reason for CON to smell like that..