PRODUCT REVIEW: L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Products

T

Tee

PRODUCT REVIEW: L\'Oreal Nature\'s Therapy Products

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy UnFrizz Shampoo
----------------------------------------
I really like this shampoo! I was afraid to try it because it has sodium laureth sulfate, but it is very moisturizing and smooths out the hair. I'm very suprised at how much I like this!
Grade: A

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy UnFrizz Smoothing Treatment
----------------------------------------------------
Somebody call a shrink, because I think I am in love with this conditioner!! This is ultra moisturizing, and makes my hair feel like silk! I used this for the first time a few days ago, and I could not keep my hands out of my hair, it felt so good. I went to 3 Sally's to stock up on these because they're on sale for $2.50 off. This is a thicker, heavier, and more moisturizing conditioner than the Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme (see below), so those with fine/thin hair may prefer that.
Grade: A+

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme
------------------------------------------------------
This is a very very good deep conditioner. Works well with and without heat, moisturizes very well, and has great "slip". Mixes well with oils, and makes a great pre-shampoo treatment.
Grade: A

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Shampoo
--------------------------------------------------------
I didn't find this shampoo "mega" moisturizing at all. Just an average shampoo, nothing special.
Grade: C-

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Repair Recovery Complex (Protein Treatment)
-------------------------------------------------------
Blah... did nothing for my hair.
Grade: D

L'Orea Nature's Therapy Hot Oil Botanical Treatment
---------------------------------------------------
Nice hot oil treatment with good oils and protein. Rinses cleanly, so it works well as a post-shampoo hot oil treatment.
Grade: B

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Heat Control Leave-In Protection Creme
---------------------------------------------------------
This is an okay product. Gives nice slip and a bit of shine, but doesn't moisturize that well. May work better if you use heat appliances on your hair.
Grade: B-

Re: PRODUCT REVIEW: L\'Oreal Nature\'s Therapy Products

Hi Tee,

This is a great review of so many products. Is your hair relaxed? what do you normally use and what made you decide to try out this line?

Just wondering. I have a 'smoothing' shampoo by Kerastase which I've yet to use because it too has SLS in it so I'm a bit sceptical. Its supposed to do that ultra smoothing thing too though. I'm sure I'll try it one day 'just to see.' (esp since I paid for it already).

That Unfrizz smoothing treatment sounds really really good.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Ooooo...
There was an 'article' (advertisement, really) in the latest Soph. Black hair about the Unfrizz products. I was interested. Now I'm really interested...

pebbles

Great review Tee. I will try the Mega moisture nourishing creme. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: PRODUCT REVIEW: L\'Oreal Nature\'s Therapy Prod

Okay--guess I'll be going to get mine TODAY! I love the Nature's Therapy line, but I have never tried the Unfrizz products. Also, for your peace of mind--it is my understanding that Sodium Laureth Sulfate is way gentler than Sodium Laurel Sulfate.

Tracy

I wanted to try the Unfrizz line too! Again, great format Tee! (Girl your hair must be HAAAPPPYYY with all the little treats it been getting!). The Unfrizz Shampoo and Conditioner sound yummy....

I'm getting quite a to try list together off you, woman! Keep 'em coming!

NAY007

hey tee,

thank you so much for posting this. i cannot buy these products over here in germany. but since i saw an ad in a hair magazine a couple of years ago i always wanted to try it. i guess overall it is pretty good. i will definitely give it a try one day. thanks again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miss Montserrat

Thanks Tee. You are very articulate and always give such detailed and informative threads. I will buy some in the morning. I had some samples and never bothered to try them. I'm regretting it now. Did it help your new growth (if any)? Are you the same Tee from Relaxed Hair care that helped me with the COwashes?
Anyway, thanks for the info! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

T

Tee

BRH,

Yes, my hair is relaxed. I only just recently decided to make a serious commitment to taking care of my hair. So, that's why I'm still experimenting with a lot of different products. Right now, my core shampoos are Aveda Sap Moss and L'Anza Protein Plus (I alternate b/t these because too much protein makes my hair feel hard/rough). For conditioners, I've mainly been using Redken Heavy Cream and Frederik Fekkai RX Treatment for deep treatments, and various oils (olive, avocado, jojoba, almond, shea butter) mixed with conditioner (any of the conditioners in my stash that I'm trying to use up) for pre-shampoo conditioning treatments. The L'Oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment has now become my moisturizing treatment of choice. I do like the shampoo, but like you, I'm afraid of the long term effects of the SLS.

Please let me know how you like the Kerastase Oleo Relax shampoo if/when you eventually try it. I've heard that the L'Oreal Nature's Therapy line is almost identical to the Kerastase line, so I'm curious to find out for myself how they compare.

Thanks for the reply Tee. I'll let you know about that shampoo WHEN I eventually open it.

I definitely love the sound of that Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment. Does it have cones in it? (love them /images/graemlins/grin.gif). It sounds excellent. I've taken in a 'mini break' from the lanza poo for now and am using Cream of Nature, just to 'switch up' and just enjoy pure moisturizing products with no protein in them. I'll return back to lanza after my 'hiatus' /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Your posts are very well done and I enjoy reading them. Anything else you have you eye on testing out or are you done for a while?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Hey Tee,

I was kinda thinking that the Nature's Therapy was the "low end" Keratase since both are by L'oreal. Thanks for confirming:)

T

Tee

Thanks, Ms. Montserrat!
No, I'm not the same Tee from Relaxed Hair Care, although I do read that board. My new growth isn't really at the "misbehaving" stage yet, but the Unfrizz conditioner did a good job of smoothing out the new growth I do have. My hair doesn't really start to act up until 8-10 weeks post-relaxer, so I'll get a better idea of how the Unfrizz Treatment handles my new growth in a month or so.

T

Tee

Nay007, do you have access to Kerastase in Germany. I know that they are available in some European countries and are relatively inexpensive. I hear Kerastase and Nature's Therapy are pretty similar, so you may want to give Kerastase a try if it's available in Germany.

T

Tee

BRH,

I think I'm done experimenting for now. Although, I have my eye on some Phyto products. And I want to get some of the Kerastase masks just to see how they compare to Nature's Therapy.

--Tee

NAY007

tee,

the kerastase products are available in germany but they are called keralogie here. they are pretty good and i have tried them before but they are very expensive in my opinion. i had different stuff from them before and i really liked all of it. but i still think that the l'oreal natures therapy might be a little different. where do you purchase it in the states? do you have to go to a salon to get it? cause here in germany you have to go to a salon to buy the keralogie products.
i really appreciate for letting me know this though. maybe if i have some more money available it will buy one or the other product again.

nay /images/graemlins/wink.gif

T

Tee

Nay, Nature's Therapy is sold at Sally's Beauty Supply. That's the only place I've seen it.

caress

I'm not sure if I ever posted about this line on here or not but I've used several products from this line over the years.

I've used the Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme, the Heat Control Leave-In Protection Creme, the Mega Moisture Nurturing Shampoo, the Scalp Relief Treatment Shampoo, and the Hot Oil Botanical Treatment. The shampoos were ok. I used them on my hair when it was relaxed (and I think natural as well). They didn't make my hair feel dry which is good.

I love the Nurturing Creme it really softened and detangled my hair and was heavy enough for my natural hair. I used this on my relaxed and natural hair.

I'm a little unsure about the leave-in protection creme. It really helps when I blowdry my hair with the comb attachment. It makes my hair softer and helps with straightening my hair but I'm not sure of how well it protects the hair from heat. But then again there is no way for me to know that any of the heat protectants that I've used really does what it says. I just pay attention to how it makes my hair feel.

It's been a while since I've used the hot oil treatment so I don't really remember how it worked. I know that I had no complaints.

Wow, thanks Allandra for bumping this up. Talk about blast from the past.

This was the thread that got me hooked on LUST.

Peachtree

Maybe I'll give sum of those products a try