Product Review: Pantene Relaxed and Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner

Sunshine0801

I deep conditioned my hair yesterday with Pantene's Relaxed and Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner and...

well...

my hair has never been this soft when DRY after deep conditioning.

I really wanted to post yesterday after I DCed that I thought I found a great conditioner, because my hair had so much slip when I detangled and my denman was just gliding through my 4 a/b hair...

but I told myself I would wait until my hair dried, because that is how you can tell the good conditioners from the great ones.

My hair is dry and SOFT. I used Kenra for almost a year, and my hair was never this soft when dry after DCing with Kenra. :nono:

Why didn't anyone tell me that this reasonably priced conditioner would make my hair so soft and detangle so well?

I highly recommend this one. :yep: I have found a new staple. :love2:

are you referring to the mask, the one that comes in the jar? or the regular conditioner?

I LOVE the mask. I've tried lots of more expensive DCs but that Pantene breakage defense mask is the ishh for my hair! I buy a jar every time i go to the grocery store.

are you referring to the mask, the one that comes in the jar? or the regular conditioner?

I LOVE the mask. I've tried lots of more expensive DCs but that Pantene breakage defense mask is the ishh for my hair! I buy a jar every time i go to the grocery store.

No, not the mask.

The Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner is different than any other DC I have ever tried, and I've tried a lot. My hair is still soft and I used it two days ago. :drunk:

I like it a lot too. I use the conditioner as a rinse after I deep condition. I also use it to co-wash. I like this one and also HE Hello Hydration. Both are inexpensive the HH can be used as a leave in if cones dont bother your hair.

I like it a lot too. I use the conditioner as a rinse after I deep condition. I also use it to co-wash. I like this one and also HE Hello Hydration. Both are inexpensive the HH can be used as a leave in if cones dont bother your hair.

Have you ever tried it as a deep conditioner?

I have never used HE Hello Hydration...

i hate to bring the subject up again but is the Pantene intensive moisturizing conditioner a true deep conditioner? i got chewed out a while back for suggesting that since the HE LTR is so good that it must be great as a DC but our scientist-LHCFers said that even though it may make your hair feel soft that it isn't truly penetrating the hair shaft like a product specifically labeled DC would.

i hate to bring the subject up again but is the Pantene intensive moisturizing conditioner a true deep conditioner? i got chewed out a while back for suggesting that since the HE LTR is so good that it must be great as a DC but our scientist-LHCFers said that even though it may make your hair feel soft that it isn't truly penetrating the hair shaft like a product specifically labeled DC would.

It is specifically labeled as a DC. "Intensive" and "deep" mean the same thing, no?

The directions say to leave the conditioner on for 3-5 minutes, which I don't think you would do for just a regular conditioner. Kenra, which I think most people consider a DC, just says to rinse...

I don't see why this wouldn't be considered a true DC...

Umm, I actually like their line... Although some shun it... I love the mask and the way it smells....

yes I know all about it, I just stumpled upon that conditioner and decided to try it again one I went naturał thinkin this only worked for my relaxed. the comb just glided through my hair, this was better than any conditioner I've ever tried. this worked better than adding baking soda and salt to my conditioner. definite staple

yep I think you're right. I love the mask and now I have to try the Intensive conditioner too. Has anyone used the shampoo? I can't believe I'm actually thinking of buying the whole R&N line. What's the world coming to?

So which one is the best, :look: the mask or intensive moisturizing conditioner? I'm wondering if the mask is a protein conditioner.:perplexed I saw the mask at Target for around $4.63.:yep:

yep I think you're right. I love the mask and now I have to try the Intensive conditioner too. Has anyone used the shampoo? I can't believe I'm actually thinking of buying the whole R&N line. What's the world coming to?

At least it's cheap! You can't beat the price for what you're getting. :drunk:

Do you have a picture of the product? I'm guessing it's the conditioner in the tube right? How is it comparable to the mask?

So which one is the best, :look: the mask or intensive moisturizing conditioner? I'm wondering if the mask is a protein conditioner.:perplexed I saw the mask at Target for around $4.63.:yep:
Nope the mask has absolutely NO protein..not even silk proteins! :drunk:

I have both the mask and the conditioner. The only difference is that the mask has amodimethicone and the conditioner has dimethicone. Also, the order of ingredients are different. Is there much difference between the two types of cones?

this stuff has amazing slip. i just wish it didn't stink. i don't like the smell of pantene products.

and it causes buildup over time, so clarifying every 1x in a while is definitely a must.

Interesting... I love the mask...I'm going to have to try this. I'm pretty sure this is what Teri of biracialhair.org uses. I have a bottle, but I've only used it once as a wash out conditioner. I'll definitely revisit.

thanks!

i know this thread is a couple months old but i had to comment. i bought a sample sized bottle of this conditioner from the bss to take on my trip over new year's and tried it for the first time today...all i can say is what have i been waiting for? i've been a little discouraged because i haven't felt like i've had a conditioner that gives me enough slip and leaves my hair soft after it dries...i'm so happy that this works and even more happy that it is cheap :) on the flip side, i've used the mask from the r&n line and didn't love it...that's why i'd never tried the conditioner. was the verdict in on whether or not this can be used to DC or not? as of now it will be my go to condish for co-washes but if it works as a dc i'd love to know that as well.

Yep! I just recently bought the R&N mask and the nourishing mask(in the white jar w/ the blue top). I parted my hair down the middle and DC with both (one on each side). My hair was so soft and detangled when I rinsed them out. The after affect is what really counts! My hair is still soft and detangled and mind you... I have new growth out of this world! I've been transitioning for a year and 1 month so far. Try this stuff out. Its now a staple of mine.

bumping!!!! i just tried this conditioner a couple of days ago and I love it!!! I really did not like the breakage defense mask that everyone loves and I was very hesitant to use the intensive moisturizing conditioner. I was pleasantly surprised at how soft and moisturized my hair is.

I use the conditioner as a leave-in. After I shampoo, I apply a leave-in and then scrunch in the Pantene conditioner. It makes my hair feel so good :)

This was one of my staple dcs when I was natural.That and Loreal Mega Moisture. I threw bottles of it away when I relaxed because my hair started to hate it.

bumping!!!! i just tried this conditioner a couple of days ago and I love it!!! I really did not like the breakage defense mask that everyone loves and I was very hesitant to use the intensive moisturizing conditioner. I was pleasantly surprised at how soft and moisturized my hair is.

Me either, I hated it. It was as if I never even deep conditioned. Hair was dry and poofy after drying and that never happens when I deep condition. I am now scared to try this even though you had better results with it.

i recently bought this conditioner again, don't know why i stopped using it. i loved the results. slip for days....:lick:

Is this the one that's in the jar or is it in a bottle? Either way, I'm happy you had good results and I'm a bit happy with Pantene. I remember when their R&N line first came out. I was one of the first ones to jump on that (especially with those commercials--I think they had yaya from America's Next Top Model in one of them, and she has gorgeous hair). But I noticed that the main ingredient was Petroleum Jelly (or Petrolatum) :nono:. But recently I looked at the ingredients for the conditioner and the oil is now coconut oil, so that's a definite plus :yep:.

Is this the one that's in the jar or is it in a bottle? Either way, I'm happy you had good results and I'm a bit happy with Pantene. I remember when their R&N line first came out. I was one of the first ones to jump on that (especially with those commercials--I think they had yaya from America's Next Top Model in one of them, and she has gorgeous hair). But I noticed that the main ingredient was Petroleum Jelly (or Petrolatum) :nono:. But recently I looked at the ingredients for the conditioner and the oil is now coconut oil, so that's a definite plus :yep:.

It's the one in the bottle. Yeah I remember that it had petroleum jelly, I was like wth?!

Back