Product Review - TOO soft hair!!!

Lindy

Ladies, I used my Kerastase Masquintense conditioner for fine hair last night for the first time. It has a lovely smell - like perfume... I went under my heat cap for about 40 mins. After I washed it out of my hair, I didn't even need to use my Aussie Slip. And my hair detangled really easily. I put in my John Frieda Relax serum and did my roller set and went under the dryer.

Well, when I took the rollers out, my hair was SO soft. I can't even describe how soft it was. It felt like a baby's hair. I mean, it was TOO soft!!! Then I made the mistake of wrapping it last night, so today it was straight and too soft. Not a good combination!! It made my hair look really thin!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

So, the jury's still out on this product. The next time I use it, I will not use heat. The directions say to leave it in for 10 minutes then rinse, so next time that's what I'll do.

I think this product might be better to use when I'm air drying...

pebbles

Hi Lindy, /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for that review. It sounds like a good product to me. "Too soft" caught my attention. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I would love to try it myself. Did you get it at a local store or online? /images/graemlins/look.gif

OnlyErin

I'm not Lindy, but I know you can get it online at some beauty emporiums. I get all my Kerastase stuff off ebay. There's a woman there who sells it pretty regularly and I buy from her.

I first used masquintense after coming out of braids, and it worked very well for me - better than Aveda's curessence, which is what I usually use. I got to use it only once, because my bf, who has naturally curly hair, commandeered my stash and used it all. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Then I got braids again and forgot about the conditioner, but ordered more once I took the braids out and relaxed. I found that it did not do as much for my hair as it had when I'd come out of the braids. It sort of made my hair "hard" (the opposite of Lindy's experience) and it broke a little. Now, I did not use heat, so that might be the problem. I may try the oleo relax line and see if that works a little better, or maybe next time I use Kerastase, I'll go under the dryer, but maybe for 20 minutes, so I don't get too soft hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I got to use it only once, because my bf, who has naturally curly hair, commandeered my stash and used it all. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ] LOL. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks OnlyErin. I'll check on e-bay. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lindy

Pebbles,

I ordered it online from a European website... it was really expensive; it came to $23.00 when they converted to U.S. dollars!! And it's a small jar... (For that price, you KNOW I wanted to love it!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I won't give up on it yet, though... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

So, check e-bay... if you don't have any luck and you want the website that I ordered it from, let me know!!