Product Suggestions for 3c/b

kim

I have fine , low porosity 3c/b hair ....I am having trouble finding products that work . I am trying to find products that help with moisture and definition . My hair does not respond well to products that are shea butter based . I would love some product suggestions please !!

ajargon02

I have fine , low porosity 3c/b hair ....I am having trouble finding products that work . I am trying to find products that help with moisture and definition . My hair does not respond well to products that are shea butter based . I would love some product suggestions please !!

Water for moisturizing sealed with oil or a butter and gel for definition

SEMO

GVP conditioning balm (from Sally's)
Alba Botanica leave-in conditioner
Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist gel

SmilingElephant

Ogx!!! They have awesome conditioners!

Devacurl works okay but they're expensive.

I have 3b/3c hair with some 4a...but mine is more on the coarse side.

U might like l'oreal evercurl products! I love them, they're pretty lightweight...but not too much. I LOVE the leave in!

Have u tried Kinky Curly Knot Today?? :)

kim

Ogx!!! They have awesome conditioners!

Devacurl works okay but they're expensive.

I have 3b/3c hair with some 4a...but mine is more on the coarse side.

U might like l'oreal evercurl products! I love them, they're pretty lightweight...but not too much. I LOVE the leave in!

Have u tried Kinky Curly Knot Today?? :)

Thanks ! I just bought Kinky curly I'm going to try it tonight . I've tried one devacurl product but I may try some more

krissyhair

I also have find, low porosity 3b hair (check the soggy lol)

Some of my greatest products of the past few years have been suave daily clarifying conditioner, miss Jesse's leave in condish, kccc and biolage hydratherapie conditioner.

krissyhair

I will add to the last post that fine low porosity curly hair, you're looking for products that rinse clean and don't build up, products with a slight soft hold, products that reactivate with water.

You also have to use it consistently because it can take a while to get the most, or the full effect of whatever it is you're using.

SmilingElephant

Do u order products online?

I love this product line called Au Rebelle...it used to be called Freedom Naturals.

But their stuff is very moisturizing...but it's also lightweight.

ForumRunner_20150324_091335.jpg

This is the vanilla capuaçu hair lotion, mint butter and the 2nd day hair spray. All of her stuff smells severely delicious lol!

I need to place another order.

prettybyrd

In addition to great products, when you want definition, you have to ensure that you are using a good method for defining your curls.

The products that I use to moisturize my hair are water, Blue Roze Beauty's Strawberry Hibiscus Leave-In and Now brand castor oil.

The method: Part into 4 sections, comb through the leave-in then rub a small amount of the castor oil into each section coating all of the strands and allow it to air dry. Shake hair to combine, and go.

For me, this combo gives me super moisturized hair and the most well-defined curls I've ever had.

Last edited: