Profective VS Elasta QP Mango Butter

ms_kenesha

I see a lot of people mentioning Elasta QP Mango Butter and Profective products....which is better to use on damp hair to lock in and retain moisture? I'd really like an answer before 2pm, which is when I'm going to the BSS and Target.
If I get Profective I was thinking about getting the root health.

TIA
ms_kenesha

PS
I am a 4A/B natural.

Armyqt

Get the Profectiv Breakfree. It's the best I've tried out of the line. My hair and my daughter's really like it.

ms_kenesha

Alrighty I'm leaving to go now....I might buy both....

model_chick717

Elasta QP Mango Butter has worked wonders for my hair. My hair is texturized and when I wear it curly--it has been the only product I've needed to use to moisturize my hair and define my curls!

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
profectiv gives out samples, i have them staring at me right now...i tried one, i wasnt impressed and mango butter smells great, but ive had 2 defective jars and i dont know if i feel like spring 8 bucks for another

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
Elasta QP Mango Butter has worked wonders for my hair. My hair is texturized and when I wear it curly--it has been the only product I've needed to use to moisturize my hair and define my curls!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is the way to go if you're looking to define coils. It locks in moisture too. i liked profectiv better on my relaxed hair

ms_kenesha

Alrighty....I bought both (of course I did, I'm a pj
) Anywho...I washed my hair and applied the Mango Butter on my damp hair....I like it a lot...definitely helped w/ curl definition, smells great, and it feels softer than with anything I've used to date...LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I have used Mango Butter before (2 yrs. ago) and it seems as if they've changed the formulation because A) it's lighter in color than I remember B) thicker than I remember and C) it smells less mango-ey...still mango like just not as much as I remembered.

I'll use the Profective sometime next week and see how it compares....my lil sis is bringing over her digital camera today so I'll take some more pics!

H

honey_jammz82

Profective works better on my damp hair, I like mango butter on my hair after it has air dried. Overall, I like Profective on my hair, more than mango butter. I use mango butter more because my sister ordered me like 5 containers of them, but overall profective takes the cake!

karezone

I like them both but if I want something heavy, I use the profective mega growth but if I just want softness and moisture, the mango butter.

LABETT

My favorite profectiv product is Roothealth I have never tried the mango butter.
TWA looking great girl.

deeplyrooted

my fav is . . . . . . .
profectiv. i have allergies so the mango butter was just too strong for me. it made me feel like
after putting it in my hair.

i'm a napptural and i stand behind the profectiv long 'n healthy (comes in a long tube, is pink/peach in color) . . . the smell isn't as strong and it works great on freshly moistened/misted/spritzed/damp, conditioned hair. just my 0.02 cents.

ETA: profectiv root health is great for those minor scalp issues too.