Elasta QP Mango Butter vs ORS Carrot Oil

Laginappe

Ok. Big Mango Butter fan here. But for some reason, my fave BSS were out today! (Who bought all the mango butter in Los Angeles???) So, after about an hour of hard searching through the store, I found 1 creme moisturizer that didn't contian Petroleum or Mineral Oil - ORS Carrot Oil.

Can I get any thoughts or opinions on Elasta QP Mango Butter vs ORS Carrot Oil? Which do you prefer? Which worked better for you and why? So far I like the Carrot Oil because it has a similar light fluffy consistency as the Mango Butter - but it seems to be less greasy, which is good thing!

TIA

inthepink

I used the ORS Carrot Oil for a few months but overally, it seemed drying to my hair. I guess it just seemed to have TOO much water in it and not enough moisturizers. However, I've never used Mango Butter so I can't compare the two.

Ayeshia

the carrot oil was a lil too light for my hair (i tried sum of my aunt's) i prefer the thickness of the mango butter. Dang Lag i was suprised to see you on the hair board im used to you on the OT

Purtygurly

I prefer carrot oil. It's much more moisturizing than the mango butter.

The mango butter is really thick. It's is good to seal moisture in when your hair is wet, but it doesn't make my hair feel moist at all.

Laginappe

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
Dang Lag i was suprised to see you on the hair board im used to you on the OT

[/ QUOTE ]

I lurk here more than anything else. Costs me too much money! I'm a baaaddd PJ!!!

Laginappe

I like the consistency of the Carrot Oil. Light and whipped, similar to the Mango Butter. But I like the way Mango Butter defines my waves. Jury is still out though...

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I've used both and mango butter wins hands down. I do also love ORS Olive Oil Lotion. I like that better than their Olive Oil Creme and thier Carrot oil and it doesn't contain mineral oil or petroleum. It is very moisturizing without being heavy or greasy.

missykeyana

Definitely the Mango Butter. I tried the Carrot Oil and it left my hair drier. However, I think that ORS Olive Oil, even though it has Mineral Oil, is better than the both of them.

Laginappe

Ok - after using the Carrot oil for 2 days, I do have to say I like it. At the end of the day, my hair is soft but not oily, as it tends to be with the Mango butter. I tend to smooth my hair during the day, and with Mango butter there's always an oily feeling on my hands. Not so with the Carrot Oil.

However, I don't have the waves with the Carrot Oil that I enjoy with the Mango Butter. So...I dunno! I think I like them both! I wonder what would happen if I mix the two -half and half....hmmmm.

Xcellence2

I liked the Carrot Oil but I felt like my hair smelled like baby food. The Mango Butter never grew on me but my ex loved it and used it all....MEN