Promises

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Why do we have to speak God's promises over our life ? God promised that He would never destroy Earth again by water so when ever a rainbow shines He's reminded of that promise

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Ok. I just found the answer Isaiah 43:2626 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

What does God mean when He says, “Put Me in remembrance”? In other words, He’s saying, “Remind Me.” Now, if God tells me to remind Him of something, I’m going to remind Him!

Well, God said for us to put Him in remembrance. And He tells us what to remind Him of: “I am He that blots out your transgressions, and I will not remember your iniquities [sins].”

God doesn’t forget His Word or His promises, so why does He tell you to put Him in remembrance? When you remind Him, you also remind yourself.

It’s important to remind yourself of God’s forgiveness, because when you go to God in prayer, the devil will try to bring all of your past failures and sins up before you. If you entertain the thoughts the devil brings, you will begin to think, There’s no use for me to go to God; He’s not going to hear me. I’ve messed up too badly.

LucieLoo12

the bible says it is life and death in the power of the tongue. When we constantly speaking God's word we are speaking life to ourselves. The bible also says His word is spirit and live. I know that when I speak God's word over myself, it triggers my faith. Sometimes in life we can get bogged down by tests and tribulation, but when you speak His word it causes you to focus on God and not the problem. When the devil tempted Jesus, Jesus fought him back with the word of God. So His word is not only our encouragement, but a weapon.

When the devil say "You won't be nothing, you keep messing up". We say "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

Devil may say, "Things wont ever get better for you". We say " Weeping may endure for a night, but joy is coming in the morning"..

His word is our hope and strength and sustainment.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
God is a God of His Word (promises); my understanding of the rememberance is that, it's not so much that He needs to be reminded, but it's more a benefit for US --- for us to put HIM in our remembrance.... that He is a keeper of His Promises...So we must constantly speak life over ourselves and others through His Word.

He'd already made the Promise and won't renege. He is not man that He lies. It's up to us to keep our end of the deal by not sinning and being obedient to Him.

I tell you there are times I have to remind myself , I AM a Child of God.

I hope the other seasoned sisters can join in...this is a great topic, @blqlady!

Prudent1

I definitely agree with the other posters. It is more for our benefit than God's. It is so easy to remember negative things that happen to us or around us. You have to work to remember good things. We can remember every detail about what someone does that irritates us even though that same person may have 1 million decent to great things in their repertoire. Human nature you know? God knew these human minds would be fleeting at best. That's why we are instructed to write his words on the tablets of our hearts (Deut 11:18). When I go 'through', I think about David. He had to dig deep down and learn to encourage himself in the Lord. We must too:yep:. There are times in this life for whatever reason our loved ones cannot encourage us/ help us. We have to know that our source is ONLY God. He allows those others into our lives and speaks through songs and people etc but He is the force behind it all.
Let us remember that as the children of a God who created all (except man) by simply speaking, we have inherited that same ability from our Father to speak and things happen. Speaking those promises causes the gateway between the natural word and the spiritual one to open. Those things we have spoken good or bad, then can begin to manifest into this world. We have to develop the habit of calling those things that be not as though they are(Rom 4:17). Great questionblqlady!

Iwanthealthyhair67

I agree that the 'reminding' is not for Him, it is for us because it is our human tendency to forget.

Psalms 127 says:

I would have lost heart some versions say I would have 'fainted' (in other words I'd have caved in or given up and quit, because my circumstances were just too overwhelming) or (to take it a step further; what would have become of me) unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Here the promise is that we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, David believed or held onto that word, and that promise strengthened him so he wouldn’t faint, it gave him hope, something to look forward to in times of doubt, adversity, trials and testings.

The only way that we are going to know what the Lord’s promises are toward us is to get into His word, then we are to pray His words back to Him (reminding him) thus reminding ourselves that God will do all that he promised He would do...

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
ITA... know we should know His Promises for ourselves...folks can feed us all day, but we must feed ourselves for that knowledge to expand in our "Knower"..

The only way that we are going to know what the Lord’s promises are toward us is to get into His word, then we are to pray His words back to Him (reminding him) thus reminding ourselves that God will do all that he promised He would do...

MSee

Psalms 27
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

The last 2 verses have definately been true for me. I experienced what is said in verse 12 and had I not known God's promise of deliverance to those who call upon Him I wouldn't have made it.

I personally think it is critical that God's children know what their Father has promised and made available for them. Especially since every prayer is not answered right away. To me His promises are something to hold on to while waiting. It gives me hope.

Good topic blqlady. Your first post reminded me of this http://www.biblicalblessings.net/a-sign-to-remember.html

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Getting in agreement with God. Lol God is to funny. Im slowly understanding what He's trying to tell me. I'm still humbled by God. His love for us can never be duplicated.

MSee

Getting in agreement with God. Lol God is to funny. Im slowly understanding what He's trying to tell me. I'm still humbled by God. His love for us can never be duplicated.

Sounds like your about to be promoted. Just keep your sheild of faith held high:knight: . It does protect and I can tell you that the enemy of your soul would rather fill you with doubt than understanding, so protection is a necessity.

By the way, the introvert in me wanted to duck under my desk when I saw my name in the thread title :hide: LOL.