Protecting Perimeter Of Head While Wearing Wigs?

sparkle25

If there is a thread on this please point me in the right direction.

Otherwise I'm suffering from damage to my edges and nape from wearing wigs. I only wear wigs for maybe 5-10 hours a week, some weeks not at all. I just ordered a thin stretchy satin headband from etsy to wear under my wigs to help with this. I might put wig caps over the head band or maybe not. Any other tips to protect edges and nape? Bobby pins are a disaster too. Ugh.

Evolving78

I use those satin spandex caps you can buy in the store. Do you put some sort of oil on your edges to reduce friction?

sparkle25

I use those satin spandex caps you can buy in the store. Do you put some sort of oil on your edges to reduce friction?

I'm liking my edges every day with this edge repair oil. Should I do it before putting the wigs on? It's crazy that they did this much damage when I don't even wear them that much. I would honestly say it's probably closer to like 3 hours a week when I do wear them. 10 hours at the very most and it's not even every week.

Evolving78

I'm liking my edges every day with this edge repair oil. Should I do it before putting the wigs on? It's crazy that they did this much damage when I don't even wear them that much. I would honestly say it's probably closer to like 3 hours a week when I do wear them. 10 hours at the very most and it's not even every week.
Yeah, I would apply before.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
If there is a thread on this please point me in the right direction.

Otherwise I'm suffering from damage to my edges and nape from wearing wigs. I only wear wigs for maybe 5-10 hours a week, some weeks not at all. I just ordered a thin stretchy satin headband from etsy to wear under my wigs to help with this. I might put wig caps over the head band or maybe not. Any other tips to protect edges and nape? Bobby pins are a disaster too. Ugh.
I know that @divachyk recommends a dome cap.