Protective Style Question

Hot40

I can now get a messy bun.
Would I have to tuck all of my ends under in oder for this to
be a protective style?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
A protective style is a style where your ends are hidden and protected. If they're hanging out, it's not a ps :yep:

Hot40

I was hopeful, My thought was if i was getting the hair off my neck and clothes it would be considered protective.

I dont care for the donut style buns any suggestions?

Photos please

Nonie

You have a point Hot40. I guess "protective" is relative and dependent on how serious you want to be about it. Tiffers' method is the true protective style. Keeping your ends off your clothes does eliminate wear and tear from friction, so it's protective in that sense, but it doesn't keep the ends from the drying effects of the air that leads to split ends. So if you wanna be serious about it, do it Tiffers' way

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
The elements (sun, wind, etc) can also wreak havoc on the hair, so you have to protect your ends from everything that could cause harm.

Here are some ps that I've done in the past:

Faux Bob

pookaloo83

The elements (sun, wind, etc) can also wreak havoc on the hair, so you have to protect your ends from everything that could cause harm.

Faux Bob

How did you tuck your hair under in that 3rd pic?

Hot40

Faux Bob

Dang I am at work cant see them :wallbash:

Hot40

Ok so I was thinking of conditioning every day in May starting next week.
I will have to wear a bun those days to work Will give it a try
trying to get to APL Yall!