Is a French Braid a protective style?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I wear my hair in 1 french braid, and then I tuck the ends under the braid. Or sometimes I roll the ends around a Scunci No Damage No Slip Grip Barrette and wear it like that. So I'm wondering if this is a protective style since my ends are not exposed. And the barrette has a plastic cover over the metal parts so my hair isn't damaged at all by the clip. I actually like this better than bunning cause for some reason bunning breaks my ends no matter how much I moisturize before tucking them under the bun.

Thanks ladies

indigodiva

I'm not an expert, but I dont see why its not a good protective style..I'm considering it myself, b/c I'm tired of bunning and the breakage (even though I use a plastic wrapped bun)

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Thanks ladies for the prompt replies. Dlewis I love your braid, :yep: your tutorial helped me make a neater braid. :grin:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I'm not an expert, but I dont see why its not a good protective style..I'm considering it myself, b/c I'm tired of bunning and the breakage (even though I use a plastic wrapped bun)[/quote]

I tried that too, maybe bunning just isn't for me???

tenjoy

This his how I do my daughter hair at night. Except I do two. We take them out in the morning and fluff. Repeat at night, Lacio Lacio, oil and no combing. They hold in a ton of moisture. I did this this weekend also, since I didnt go out, but i dapped a little Lacio Lacio on the end og the braid, then dipped the whole tip into the olive oil! :yep:

RubyWoo

I definitely consider a french braid a protective style. Buns are too stressful for my hair. I plan to use the french braid as a PS once I come out of braids.