Protein after reconstructor

Trinity1

Hi ladies,

I'm trying to battle a minor breakage problem. It's usually around 5 broken hairs every time I style it or manipulate in any way. It's not shedding, it's breakage. I just tried using the Ion Reconstructor Keratin Protein Builder to try to fight it but still ended up with 5-7 broken hairs when detangling. Next I want to try Motions CPR to see if that will work. How long should I wait to apply that since I just used the Reconstructor? I was thinking maybe a week?

Thanks,
Trinity1

AFashionSlave

Hair will break from time to time so 5 broken off hairs really isnt that big of a deal to me. I think you should chill with so much protein and use a moisturizing conditioner for awhile. Try detangling in the shower with a giant comb after you apply conditioner.

Good luck sis.

ceebee3

CPR isn't really too harsh so you could get away with using it in less than a week.

However, 5 broken hairs really isn't bad at all so you may not need the extra protein.

Nonie

OP, don't let me hurt you. :bat: 5 hairs? Honey, I thought that I needed to get new glasses or drugs coz I thought my eyes were merging numbers together to look as one. I thought you were asking about 555 hairs. 5 hairs? You make me feel like the most careless LHCFer. I don't think I'd notice if I broke 50 hairs.

Y'all are not playing! :lol:

dynamic1

suggest you to use micro micro ring to avoid detangling
hoping can help you

I don't see how extensions will help the OP with a breakage problem. :perplexed

ETA: I would go for moisture over protein if you have already used a reconstructor.

Last edited:

Trinity1

OP, don't let me hurt you. :bat: 5 hairs? Honey, I thought that I needed to get new glasses or drugs coz I thought my eyes were merging numbers together to look as one. I thought you were asking about 555 hairs. 5 hairs? You make me feel like the most careless LHCFer. I don't think I'd notice if I broke 50 hairs.

Y'all are not playing! :lol:

LOL!! I love this reply. Thank you Nonie! I guess it's not much to worry about. I guess because I havent really noticed breakage like that for years now and all of a sudden I notice it. Maybe it was doing that all along but I'm just more aware of it.

I appreciate your honestly :)

Trinity1

To all the ladies that replied: THANK YOU for you time and energy in my "little" problem. Much love to you ladies!!

ms.blue

I wish I lost only five hairs. Nonie is totally right....anyways your hair looks good.

Last edited:

Trinity1

Thank you IDareT'sHair. I've been deep conditioning twice weekly with Silk Elements.

Thank you Ms blue for the compliment :)