Protein and Moisturizing Conditoners

Pumpkin

Okay. I have so many protein conditioners but they seem to make my hair really hard. Is this normal? I currently have CPR, Aubrey's GPB and Aphogee.

Also I was looking for a moisturizing conditioner. Any suggestions?

daviine

I like Mizani Moisturefuse, Keracare Hiumecto Creme, and Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner.

I also like Queen Helene Cholesterol but not sure how moisturizing that is so I added Moisturefuse to it last time I used it.

Allandra

Pumpkin,

I've been using Aubrey Organics GPB since September 2000 (recommendation from Jade). I used it weekly without any problems. It doesn't make my hair hard. I usually follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner (out of habit). When you used it, how were you using it?

Lucia

I use Aphogee and follow it with the balancing moisterizer and cholesterol deep conditioning that softens the hair up.
hth

NYCchild

I usually use the 100% protein by Jheri Redding mixed with Leklairs cholestral. Excellent for tha hair Great combo!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
i use and love Aubreys GPB.

Terri

Kitkat

Hi Pumpkin! Like Allandra and NYCChild, I also use Aubreys GPB, and I love it because it doesn't make my hair hard at all. I just added it last month to my list of products. And I also follow with a moisturizing conditioner. Sometimes I use a mix of Nexxus Humectress and Kiehl's Extra Strength Conditioning Rinse for Dry Hair, or just Motions Moisture Plus.

How are you using Aubreys GPB? Are you going under the dryer?

Tara

A good moisturizing conditioner that Adrienne hooked me up with is Kera Kare Humecto. Very moisturizing and my hair felt VERY VERY soft. So that might be an idea for you.

HTH /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JerseyGirl

I have been using Nexxus Emergencee followed by a deep, deep conditioner using Dudley's Hair Rebuilder. The Nexxus is great but if you don't deep condition your hair it will become very hard. I love Dudley's Hair Rebuilder because this is one conditioner that has brought my hair back from the living dead. It makes my hair soft and manageable. It has made my hair texture go from dry and flyaways to smooth and no flyawys.

BlkMane

Pumpkin,

I use CPR too, but I also have the Motions Moisture Silk Oil Moisturizer Protein Conditioner. This is a protein conditioner that moisturizes as well. It's good for stopping breakage and it doesn't leave me hair hard. But, I always follow a protein conditioner with Twinlab's Na-PCA spray and Tropical Avocado conditioner.

hairfanatic

Hi Pumpkin,

The Aubrey's GPB made your hair hard too? I'm surprised because I never had that problem before. Maybe you just have protein overload. Good moisturizing conditioners are the Motions and cholesteral conditioners seem to be pretty good.

Pumpkin

Maybe that's the reason. I used the GBP and I don't think I followed with a moisurizing conditioner. That's probably why my hair felt like brillo pads. Thank you for the advice ladies.

Allandra

Hairfanatic may be right. It could be protein overload. Because if I use Aubrey Organics GPB and don't follow it with a moisturizing conditioner, it still doesn't make my hair hard. Maybe you can experiment with some of the other protein conditioners to find out what your hair likes.