Is is okay to prepoo with protein conditioners...???

Can I prepoo with a protein conditioner...???

• Yes

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Keep doing what you're doing

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I'd like more info too

Votes: 14 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SherylsTresses

I want to use up my protein conditioners. So I'm wondering if it's okay to prepoo with them for, let's say, :30 mins then rinse and shampoo....? Can I also add an egg to protein conditioners? I really need to use them up:

Protein conditioners:
Affirm 5-n-1
Aubrey Organics GPB
Aphogee Keratin Two Minute

Protein Treatments (not sure if mild or strong...???):
KeraCare Super Reconstructor
Motions CPR
Nexxus Emergencees
Aphogee Treatment

I usually do a protein prepoo every other week with ORS Hair Mayo and an egg. I'm accustom to using it and I don't like to use protein after a wash and follow-up again w/ moisturizing dc. That's jumping into the shower too much.

So can I prepoo with my protein conditioners in order to get rid of them?

Last edited:

stephluvshair

I'm a newbie but i have been prepooing with eggs and mayo weekly since the beginning of journey and my hair has def benefited from it....i always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner...i believe its okay as long as when you done you hair is moisturized and not dry and hard.....u will have strong soft hair ....also a mild to light protein is best to use weekly

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Yes. When I need protein, I pre-poo with ORS Replenishing pack on dry hair under a bonnet dryer for 15 - 20 minutes, then I shampoo and deep condition.

SherylsTresses

[B said:
stephluvshair[/B];8591076]I'm a newbie but i have been prepooing with eggs and mayo weekly since the beginning of journey and my hair has def benefited from it....i always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner...i believe its okay as long as when you done you hair is moisturized and not dry and hard.....u will have strong soft hair ....also a mild to light protein is best to use weekly

[B said:
1QTPie[/B];8591904]Yes. When I need protein, I pre-poo with ORS Replenishing pack on dry hair under a bonnet dryer for 15 - 20 minutes, then I shampoo and deep condition.

[B said:
poookie[/B];8592022]Absolutely! I do this all the time

Thank you guys soooo much! I was about to give away all of my protein conditioners...!!! :perplexed

Last edited:

poookie

The answer to protein overload is always moisture. So go ahead and add an egg to whatever protein conditioner you're using. if your hair feels too hard afterwards, follow up with a slippy moisturizing conditioner :yep:

gorgeoushair

Yes, there's nothing wrong w/ doing this. I do this w/ eggs, oil, and any conditioner I don't like and am trying to get rid off.

Junebug D

I sure hope it's ok because I just did... :look: I can't stand jumping in & out of the shower multiple times.

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
I always prepoo with Aphogee 2 Min every time I wash. Thats enough protein for me in the week.

rosalindb

I always do my protein treatments as pre-poos. I use Aubrey Organics conditioners mixed with honey and oils.

I use GBP once a month or if I want a lighter protein treatment I will use Honeysuckle Rose with added organic blackstrap molasses. Every 6 months I do a stronger treatment and use their Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Mask

I then shampoo and condition with the White Camellia

remilaku

I think that if you wash your hair only once a week or less then that is ok. But if you wash your hair every couple of days then, I would say no. To much protein can be a bad thing.

Aggie

I do it all the time, especially when I don't have a lot of time on my hand. It works like a charm. I think it's best to spritz the hair with a little water to open up the cuticles a little bit first for the proteins to fill/repair any damage.

Beaute Noire

I think its fine. Sometimes I mix in some Argan oil when I do this, just to ensure that my hair is silky, but its not mandatory cause I've prepood with Aphogee without the oil and it came out O.K. I would just recommend using a good moisturizing DC afterwards.:up:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Thats the only way I do protein, as a pre-poo. I alternate between Aphogee 2 min and ORS hair mayo.

kami11213

Yep, I've pre-poo'd w/ ORS Hair Mayo, Replenishing Pak, and eggs and my hair always feels great afterwards...

adw425

I prepoo with my Duo Tex-aloe vera mix and then sometimes will layer my homemade pumpkin mask over that (pumpkin, yogurt, coconut milk, egg powder, molasses, cream of coconut) which is mostly protein. My hair loves protein and I find when I use more protein, I have better retention because my hair is stronger.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Bump -

Does prepooing with protein make the treatment any less harsh than say if you'd protein treat after shampooing? I'm monitoring my protein use and don't want to overload so I'm just curious how doing it as a prepoo differs, if any from treating after shampooing.

Nonie

Prepooing with Aubrey Organics GPB is not only safe and good, but actually what the instructions say you're supposed to do if using it as a DC. I am a stickler for following directions so this is what I do. Love it!