Protein Challenge Anyone??

dstdiva

kandy,

i'm even later than you! i just read this thread. i'm in tho. 2 boiled eggs this morning, ground turkey in my stuffed bell pepper for lunch, boost (afternoon snack). i don't know what to do when i get home, but i'll figure something out.

beana3

I'm still on the protein challenge for the most part. I started my shakes back up this past week, I've been using the Optimum whey instead of the UTHS b/c it has a lighter taste.

I think increasing my protein intake has helped accelerate my growth immensly

Armyqt

Hey Beana
I haven't "seen" you around here in a while. How's the hair growth coming along and can you describe immensly. can ya tell I need some protein motivation
? I'm glad to hear the protein's working for you. I'm can't wait to get started agin. I've pretty much decided to do 2 scoops @ once, that way I won't have to worry about getting 2 drinks a day. I know I can consistently do this every morning @ work

B

ballet_bun

I'm trying to increase my protein intake. Next month I want to invest in some protein powder ... something with a significant amount of protein that doesn't tase like chalk soaked in dirty socks.

I found an ethnic food store here that carries all kinds of beans. So I bought a huge bag of black-eyes peas and some split peas.

Ballet Bun ...

B

ballet_bun

I'm vegetarian, and i know i haven't been getting enough protein, so any increase would be a good thing. Plus i just got the results back from my blood work this past Tuesday, and spoke to my doctor, so it's okay.

Ballet BUn ...

G

Yes, I know that most vegetarians don't get enough protein. But what about the ones who actually eat meat?

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
Yes, I know that most vegetarians don't get enough protein. But what about the ones who actually eat meat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know ... For those that eat meat ... they'll have to make an informed decision on their own or speak to their doctor.

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I have been slacking also just got back started.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! And I need to keep it up for my 12/12 challenge

I have been consciously more selective with food though (picking those with more protein).

I'll be picking up the GNC Optimum Whey this week to help...

Bobbie

I've been doing 30g shakes fairly consistently for the past 2 weeks. I hope to make it at least 2 months to see the results.

G

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbie said:
I've been doing 30g shakes fairly consistently for the past 2 weeks. I hope to make it at least 2 months to see the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

What brand of protein shakes are you taking? I want to try Designer Whey protein in chocolate...it only has 17.5 grams of protein but I figure I can drink at least two shakes a day. I haven't gotten the protein mix yet, but I plan to soon. I was just wondering what other brands that are out there that taste somewhat okay. Designer Whey is supposed to taste pretty good for a protein shake...I will know once I try it.

G

Is that the one that can be purchased at GNC? How much does it normally retail for? How many grams of protein? Have you seen results? I know I have alot of questions..but I really want to know what works and what doesn't, thanks.

Armyqt

Yes it can be purchased at GNC for around $15. It has 23 grams of protein per scoop. I definitely think that results are to be had if one is consistent. Unfortuntely, I was consistent enough to give an accurate report of growth. I couldn't drink it everyday becuase I felt like it was making me put on a few pounds. I woudl recommedn it for those who are working out. During that time, I wasn't that much much.

G

I might have to check that out. It costs a little less than Designer Whey. Does it only come in the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor though?

G

Thanks. If I try it, I would try the chocolate flavor...since I don't eat much vanilla ice cream or any ice cream for that matter.

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:
[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I have been slacking also just got back started.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! And I need to keep it up for my 12/12 challenge

I have been consciously more selective with food though (picking those with more protein).

I'll be picking up the GNC Optimum Whey this week to help...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have successfully and consistently taken in 70-100+ grams of protein daily!

(I did get the protein powder and I eat eggs/cheese/sausages or tuna and/or chicken or steak or fish daily as my main sources as well as other little things).
SO it's going great!
Unfortunately I don't know the effect on my hair
. I'm doing so many things and currently in braids so...this is what happens when doing so many challenges at once (I'm on protein, hydration, massage and vitamin challenges, to name a few)! You don't know what's responsible for what...