Protein or Moisturizer after relaxer???

luvmesumhair

Hey. I will be relaxing tonight and was wondering if I should put a protein conditoner or a moisturizing conditioner in my hair after I neutralize. Re: the protein conditioner, nothing to extreme. I was thinking something like AOGPB. Or would you recommend something else?

Mind you, I will be using a reconstructor AFTER I wash the relaxer out and BEFORE I neutralize.

Also which one do you normally do?

Affirm 5 in 1 has both and its a great product .It regulates the Ph of your hair and replenish moisture and protein loss

Last edited:
I use both. Before I neutralize I use ORS Hair Mayo and let it sit for 5 mins, rinse and neutralize, then I just do my regular moisturizing DC.

IA with the previous poster...I use a protein before neutralizing and a moisturizing after neutralizing....

I use both. Before I neutralize I use ORS Hair Mayo and let it sit for 5 mins, rinse and neutralize, then I just do my regular moisturizing DC.
I remember using ORS Hair Mayo one time and it left such a film on my hair I was like....:perplexed:nono:

It used to work. Not anymore.

I just relaxed my hair. I'm sitting here with a rinse on my hair as I type. After rinsing the relaxer, I use Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor. After the shampoo (I use a neutralizing followed by a moisturizing shampoo) then I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner under a steamer.

I just relaxed my hair. I'm sitting here with a rinse on my hair as I type. After rinsing the relaxer, I use Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor. After the shampoo (I use a neutralizing followed by a moisturizing shampoo) then I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner under a steamer.
Poopiedo, what rinse did you use? also, are you dc'ing after you rinse the rinse out?

Poopiedo, what rinse did you use? also, are you dc'ing after you rinse the rinse out?

I use Clairol Beautiful Collection Advanced Gray Solutions. It's the only rinse that holds its color with the frequent 4 day a week cowashes that I do. I'm begginning to see little grays pop up and it covers it completely. I tried Sebastians and it bled too much for my taste. I will dc under my steamer after the rinse with Mizani Moisturefuse because rinses usually makes my hair feel a little hard.

I use Clairol Beautiful Collection Advanced Gray Solutions. It's the only rinse that holds its color with the frequent 4 day a week cowashes that I do. I'm begginning to see little grays pop up and it covers it completely. I tried Sebastians and it bled too much for my taste. I will dc under my steamer after the rinse with Mizani Moisturefuse because rinses usually makes my hair feel a little hard.
I use Clairol Beautiful as well. But mines says Moisturizing. We will see.LOL

I use Clairol Beautiful as well. But mines says Moisturizing. We will see.LOL

Mine says moisturizing also, but you know what? It wasn't hard at all when I rinsed. I use the Clairol Beautiful in the gray bottle. Maybe my hair is in shock because I stretched 13 weeks and it's very happy right now.:grin:

I usually apply a protein mixed with a little bit of ceramides (Joico Reconstructor/Redken Deep Fuel) as a midstep. Then I neutralize/ACV then I apply Duotex to the hair and leave it in overnight.

In the morning, I rinse out the DuoTex and apply the Joico Intense Hydrator/Matrix Hydratherapie (my hair is so very moisturized after using this mix! :lick:)

Mine says moisturizing also, but you know what? It wasn't hard at all when I rinsed. I use the Clairol Beautiful in the gray bottle. Maybe my hair is in shock because I stretched 13 weeks and it's very happy right now.:grin:
That is good. I have not put a rinse in my hair in like...FOREVER it seems! I have grey hair sticking out all over the place. I hope my hair is happy afterwards too.:yep:

There is a thread around here where some posters were saying that they did a protein treatment after their relaxer and the new growth reverted as if they never even had a touch up.

I remember using ORS Hair Mayo one time and it left such a film on my hair I was like....:perplexed:nono:

It used to work. Not anymore.
yeah mine too ..Its the mineral oil and I think it has glycerin in it aswell ,both give that slimy filmsy feeling :perplexed

I also Always do both.:yep:

I'll use a Reconstructor/Protein Treatment Post Relaxer/Pre-Neutralizer and then I will DC with a Moisturizing DC'er.:grin:

Back