PROTEIN SHAKES AND HAIR GROWTH

Info that I had read....about protein...

All hair is composed of over 90% protein and it needs protein to make it stronger. But incorporating extra protein in your diet will not directly help your hair. Instead, what you may see is a fatter body because your vital organs are more important than hair and nails and must be taken care of first. Hair and nails are not needed for us to live and even if they were both to fall off for some strange reason, you would not die. Protein is the only thing that attaches itself to the hair to become part of the hair.

I drink a Soylicious protein shake drink and I don't really think it has had any significant effect on my hair.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
blackmama77 said:
HAS ANYONE HERE HAD ANY GOOD RESULTS GROWING THEIR HAIR BY DRINKING PROTEIN SHAKES?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think protein is very important, and recently, I started drinking protein shakes. At first, I thought I was getting enough protein in my diet, until I had some tests done and found out my protein levels are low. I did some searches on the internet and several sites said that your body needs X amount of protein a day. I believe it's like 60g for women and 80g for men, and more if you exercise. Anyway, some of the sites said that if your body doesn't have the available amount, you can lose hair. I think having enough protein each day is important because your hair might grow without having enough, but I want my hair to come in strong, so I don't have to load up on external protein treatments in an effort to strengthen it. I'm not an expert, but for me and my hair, protein it will be. I know some other ladies around here (Den and Seamist, I think) are trying to consume at least 100g a day of protein. If you're getting enough protein in your diet, then your probably don't need any additional supplement, but if not, just because you drink shakes doesn't mean you will gain weight. The Whey Protein I drink only has like 100 calories for 21g of protein and 1 g of fat 1 or 2grm of sugar and carbs. So,
Good luck.

By the way, I think Seamist did say that she is experiencing an increase in growth with the increased protein, and as for Den, no other words are needed.

Back