Protein shampoos

soslychic

What's the deal with protein shampoos. I hate the fact that Aveda Curessence Shampoo is such a good one but I don't want to overdo it on protein, but does protein in a shampoo that dosn't stay on your hair for long really even matter? Can I use it for every shampoo (twice a week?)

I use L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo at least once a week. I love it, and my hair seems to love it too (haven't noticed anything negative since using it this often).

I use the Aveda Curessence shampoo. A hair dresser in the salon I bought it from told me not to use it more than twice a week, unless hair is really really damaged. I use it about once a week.

To answer your question about does leaving protein in the hair for such a short period of time matter, I think over time, its the constant continued use of that right ph balanced protein shampoo that over time, increases the overall strength of the hair. It should be a moisturizing shampoo too as well as having protein and the protein shouldn't be so much as to dry out the hair but just enough to positively affect it.

Back