Protein Treatment Question

sunshinebeautiful

I applied an Aphogee protein treatment 6 weeks ago because I was noticing breakage. Well, the treatment stopped the breakage dead in its tracks. Since then, I've been deep conditioining consistently with moisturizing conditioners. Now 6 weeks after the first treatment, I'm seeing a bit more breakage and I'm thinking it's time for more protein again.

So my question is this: Do you ladies incorporate the Aphogee Treatment (or other heavy-duty protein treatments) at specific intervals in your regimen, such as every 6 weeks, or only on an as-needed basis? For those that use heavy-duty proteins on an as-needed basis, do you use lighter proteins in between? What kind of effects has this been having on your hair?

And I ask because I'd rather try to develop a regimen to PREVENT breakage in the first place rather than using protein AFTER breakage has already occurred, if that makes sense. Hopefully this all makes sense.

KiniKakes

I love the Aphogee! It makes my hair so strong! I used to wait a week after every touch-up, and so i was doing the Aphogee about every 9 weeks. But now I have started to use it every 6 weeks instead, as a preventive measure.

sexyaqr

I do them every 6 weeks after my relaxer and if I think I need an extra treatment, I do a lighter one in between sometimes.