When is the best time to do a protein treatment?

leigh.hill

I have never done a hard-care protein treatment. I have noticed breakage everyday. Not severe, but breakage either way. I bought the Aphogee 2-step treatment, but got scared and did not use it. Then I bought the Aubrey Protein Conditioner. I used it last week and I liked it alot, but I really did not see a difference in the amount of breakage.

So should I go ahead and do the Aphogee 2-step or keep trying the Aubrey once a week until my next relaxer?

BTW - I am trying to stetch my relaxer to 10 weeks (for the second time ever!!) so my next relaxer will be in 2 weeks.

cocoagirl

Once you have determined if it is really breakage or perhaps maybe just shedding, I think you can use the Aphogee on your next wash. Actually, you may want to do a deep moisturizing treatment next wash and then the wash after that use the Aphogee since you will be getting your relaxer the next week... Funny, I 'm experiencing breakage myself and here I am giving advice.lol..but I think I know the root of my problem...

leigh.hill

Hey, if you are experiencing the same problem, then, in my eyes you know what you about talking about...I was guessing that breakage was part of the hair "breaking" off, not the hair piece of hair. If so, I definitely have breakage.

Hey, thanks for the solution. Aphogee still scares me though!

Miss AJ

I was doing them per the time frame on the Aphogee 2 Step instructions, but I find my breakage returns sooner than 6 weeks so I'm going to gradually reduce the frequency. I'm sure I could go as little as 4 weeks between treatments but just to be on the safe side I'm gonna reduce to 5 weeks first.

cocoagirl

nothing to be scared of, just make sure you do a moisturizing condish afterwards, let us know how it goes if you use it and if it stops your breakage!