Protein treatments prior to braiding?

msbettyboop

I’m going to braid my hair next week and wondered if perhaps I should do a mild protein treatment prior to it. My hair isn’t in dire need of protein or anything but I just wondered if I should since I’m keeping the braids in for two months. I’m going to use Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor (Just got this last week). Has anyone used this product before by the way? TIA.

bravenewgirl87

I’m going to braid my hair next week and wondered if perhaps I should do a mild protein treatment prior to it. My hair isn’t in dire need of protein or anything but I just wondered if I should since I’m keeping the braids in for two months. I’m going to use Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor (Just got this last week). Has anyone used this product before by the way? TIA.

I have never tried Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor but I never do braids without some form of a strengthening treatment. Your hair might break if you don't. Besides, the protein thickens my hair even more making my braids fuller and gave my relaxed hair a "kinkier" look. I am a 4b natural.

Last edited:

Harina

I have never tried Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor but I never do braids without some form of a strengthening treatment. Your hair might break if you don't. Besides, the protein thickens my hair even more making my braids fuller and gives my relaxed hair a "kinkier" look. I am a 4b natural.

What do you mean by your relaxed hair but you're a 4b natural?

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
If you havent had a chance to view this site, give it a look-see (the link is below). She explains the hair braiding process and the toll it can take on the hair. I tried it and for the first time my hair was not a dry desert when I took my braids out. You dont have to follow everything if you dont want, it can serve as a blue print for you. HTH

http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html