PSA - Please leave your edges out when wearing lace wigs

like this?

20091214_040717_l_e50972145d234.jpg

:perplexed :nono: :perplexed:lachen::lachen:That cannot be a lacefront! This must be a pic of that girl who glued tracks onto her forehead because look at that H.A.M. :lachen:And did she actually pose for that picture? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Lord forgive me for laughing at her and yall forgive me if that's 'yo cousin dem'. The whole point of having a lace front wig is so that the front hairline looks natural. This looks like the AA female version of the Joker! She could have bought a regular super shiny synthetic wig and it would have looked better than THAT! All of the females that I know who have natural looking LF's put several hours of tweaking, thinning, cutting and dying before they even consider trying to pull it off in public. But that above...it's hilarious and Unexcuseable!

^^^ It looks like she shaved her hairline before applying the pieces... She has no real friends and the stylist should be jailed :nono:

like this?

20091214_040717_l_e50972145d234.jpg

Sorry for the large pic

*clears throat channels Smokey Robinson*

Just take a good look at my face
You'll see my smile looks out of place
And if you look closer it's easy to trace
The tracks of my tears.

*drops mic exits thread*

#orinserttearsofaclownlyrics

*clears throat channels Smokey Robinson*

Just take a good look at my face
You'll see my smile looks out of place
And if you look closer it's easy to trace
The tracks of my tears.

*drops mic exits thread*

#orinserttearsofaclownlyrics

TOO FUNNY! How can something be so funny, yet so sad?

I am not a regular lace wig wearer (only tried 2 synthetics) but I've seen full lace wigs applied with NO GLUE. Some ladies use bobby pins.

:yep: I sew clips (like the little ones on clip ons) along the perimeter of mine. Stays on perfectly and I can take it off when I like without damaging my edges.
3945699952_08594af64f.jpg

OK, I'm as confused as Jazala. :crazy: Since the lace front is glued on, then you would be gluing it onto your scalp after leaving hair out? Isn't that risky in that you could get glue on your hair and lead to damage?

Methinks the lace fronts just need to have a more natural looking "hairline". Otherwise, I'd rather have a hair hat than risk damaging my hair or hairline.

I'd rather have hat hair, too. Though the picture below is going to give me nightmares. Sorry... I just didn't expect it.
I had crazy damage from my lace wigs, even though the woman who applied it does great work. I'm just way too active for it and I sweat a lot, which pulled my hair as the glue loosened. It may work for everyone...but I'm having to put MN on my edges to get them back. Nothing else was working. It was eventually suggested that I shave my edges in order to wear the wigs. My wigs are now in the closet. Way, way in the back of the closet...

:nono::lachen:You know when you think you've seen it all, you realize you ain't seen nothin yet. I'm sorry, I truly am...but I laughed to the point of tears. I wasn't ready for that:dead:

OMG!!! :shocked: :cry3: Such a pretty girl, too! There is just no reason for that! OMG... Now I know many of my protective styles are not the bizness, but that atrocity is just beyond the pale.... SMDH. Whew lord!

I knew this would happen.

Lace Fronts were popular among the classy women who could use them right

Then some chick went and called her hood cousin and let her know whats up
...disease spread through hood-rat nation after that :nono:

Ya'll ain't seen nothing yet til to see the quick weaves they rock out here in Dtown. Not the cute quick weaves cause they can be done right. But something like that tight glue mess ol girl has in this thread. They straight glue the tracks on the forhead and mold it into this ponytail bun thing....Just NO. NO!

I can't get with the LF because of the hairlines. If I did get one I'd be soo picky but I don't want glue on my face, forhead, or hairline so I'ma need a Adjustable LF with no glue needed what so ever.

i thank god i found this sight and grew my own hair out and also for the fact that i'm ok with buns as a ps

I think we need to look a little deeper at this lace front situation. I am a lace front addict. I am on a four month stretch thanks to my lace front wigs. For those who do not know me and even some who do, I have to tell them that I am wearing a wig. I usually get on with curl or texture and curl it around the front and/or sides.
What we really need is a lace front etiquette but before I get into that, these manufactures need to come out with a more realistic hairline.
LACE FRONT RULES:
Rule one, Do not put a massive amount of hair on your head. We know that the average chick does not have 20 pounds of hair on her head.

Rule two, Get a realistic length. No one should mistake you for Rapunzel.

Rule three, Blond is not for everyone. I don't have to elaborate on this rule.

Rule four, Keep it real.

I never glue or use tape or anything on my lace i just put it on and make sure its tight. maybe a bobbypin or two. && i'm just gonna pretend like i never saw that picture. omggg. what a shame.

Back