Purpose Driven Deception!

Ms.Honey

I tried this when I first started gettting my walk in line. Needless to say it didnt help too much.

Try it again hon. I struggled at first trying to understand on my own but if you determine to read the word from beginning to end without ceasing the Holy Spirit will lead and guide you along the way. It takes commitment and a lot of patience.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Oh My Lord....This speaks volumes. After listening to Paul Washer's Shocking Message, I began to think about really getting to know Jesus. So I began reading Matthews. It was amazing how anyone that spread the gospel wasnt "nice" about it, including Jesus. I was convicted and thought "If God choose me, I have to get serious about this thing." Thank you for posting.
Good point... :yep: :up:

Have you ever noticed how the 'world' or those who oppose 'us' and our doctrine, are the ones who are actually doing the 'forcing' their beliefs upon everyone and not so much Christians as we are so accused of?

Example: The media; the movies, TV which was once 'family friendly' and now I'm even leery of turning it on for concern of what I see. The ABC network is getting way out of hand with it's 'situations' of sexual preferences. I don't want to see two women interacting sexually nor even the suggestion of it; let alone two men. It's was already bad enough to see interactions of heterosexial couples, married or unmarried on TV shows/movies.

My point is that those who oppose morality, are the ones who are broadcasting and shoving immoral behavior all over the air waves exposing not only adults but children as well. Shows like 'Will and Grace' are on during the time that 'latch key' children arrive home from school and parents are still at work. It's a sad shame and the minute someone says something to protest it, we're accused of the most ridiculous accusations, when yet, it's the opposers who are the creators of all this mess that are wrong and don't want to admit it.

I'm not compromising just because someone doesn't like my protests. As Christians, we have to take and maintain a stand and not give up or wimp out by saying, "As long as it doesn't affect me personally.... :blah: :blah: :blah: This is a prime example of what this thread is about, which are Chrisitians who have been snuffed out and wimped out of their fire for the Lord. Their Christian walk is no longer shod with the preparation of peace, but with wet spagetti noodles for legs that can't handle walking the straight and narrow path, let alone fit through the eye of a needle.

Anyway, you've made an excellent point and I take it very seriously. :love2:

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I tried this when I first started gettting my walk in line. Needless to say it didnt help too much.
The understanding will come to you, precious one. It will :yep: Just don't feel intimidated by anything or anyone. The only person who has mastered the knowledge of God is God Himself. He'll speak to your heart, whatever it is you need knowledge or understanding of. That's how I learned and am still learning. :spinning:

Your willing heart is the most important element of all. I know of many people who know the Bible inside out/ and still don't understand what it means. :yep:

Blessings :giveheart:

BeautifulFlower

Try it again hon. I struggled at first trying to understand on my own but if you determine to read the word from beginning to end without ceasing the Holy Spirit will lead and guide you along the way. It takes commitment and a lot of patience.
LEt me rephrase that. It didn't work because my brain doesn't work that way. My goals right now are the learn to be a Christ follower. So Ill read new testament first which i'm doing now and Ill go back to get history and deeper wisdom. Just how i'm wired

BeautifulFlower

Don't get me wrong. I Love My Church. Gospel filled bible teaching church. they have something going on everyday teaching the word. Their not the problem. I just been playing church all these years and now God told me it's time to prepare.
Hey PrettyFace,
How close are you to Capitol Hill? I see you live in the DMV? I do too.. I go to Capitoil Hill Baptist... Excellent teaching, sound doctrine! they are passionate about the purity of the gospel and keeping doctrine as the most important thing in their church.. the teaching is awesome... and you will find a lot of learning resources there and those willing to help you... the elders and laypeople are really committed to biblical truths and understanding and spreading that amongst the congregation... the worship is a little sleepy for me, but the singing of hymns always moves my heart because of the words... they really bring you to a heart of repentance and joy for knowing the Lord.. but the music is the least of our worries.. we should definitely and foremost be worried about the teaching at a church, and you will find excellent teaching there... let me know.. i'll be there tomorrow if you're interested in coming,a nd i'll be there next week too.. i'm in the process of joining... i love it there...

momi

Yall are on fire in this thread! I'm loving it... pure truth! The Bible said that IT is the final authority, and IT is sufficient.. .Therefore, nothing shall be added or taken away from it. All these preachers preaching this feel-good gospel full of half-truths, sensationalism and everything else is completely leading people down the path to destruction and falling away from the faith. I dont know how many friends I had in the past that were part of this word-faith movement of speaking things into existence who haven't realized this stuff is borderline witchcraft, if not completely so... The Bible directs us and instructs us in such matters... People think because it works then it must be from God, and I think where is your reason. God gave us reason, discernment and intellect for a reason. But how many preachers are telling people to leave theri intellect and reason at the door when they enter the church.. .BEcause they dont want you to think and use your head and discern God's truth, and the fact that they are not preaching it.. Matthew 23 (?) tells us that in the end times there will be deceivers and liars who will preach a false gospel to those with itching ears to hear what they want to hear and to go after their own lusts, and that they will be able to mock all of the miracles Jesus has performed, and that Satan would appear as an angel of light, all of this would cause believers to fall away from teh faith, from their first love BECAUSE they did not have the LOVE of the TRUTH in their hearts.... We have to have the guts and desire to long for and love truth in it's most purest form, and keep it sacred and above all things... God's Word is true through and through.... But a lie only has to contain a little bit of truth to be believable...

The purpose driven life is a bunch of hogwash, and many other books out here professing to be Christian... Even the book The Shack, and a bunch of others.... Ladies, if you want good apologetic reviews on Christian books and theology, go here. http://www.discerningreader.com/book-reviews/the-purpose-driven-life ...... There are whole lots of books there that have been reviewed by some great people with amazing discernment and bibilical knowledge... Also, for other apologetics issues, visit www.letusreason.org. The writer is Hawaiian, and his English isn't perfect, so show a little gracde, but you'll definitely get the point...

I tell people a lot when they get mad at me for being honest with them and letting them know what's up about the church is this.. When you're at work, and your boss requires you to do a whole bunch of stuff not related to your job, and stuff that's quite unnecessary, dont you just get mad... Cause aren't there so many pressing issues in yoru life that deserve your time and attention, and we allk now how precious our time is. We dont get an endless amount of it... So in the same respect, why do we get mad when churches and pastors want us to do all this nonsense in the name of God, supposedly, like sowing seeds, reading all of these blasphemous books, doing this, doing that, praising God this way, barking like dogs, laughing and falling out and rolling around, when the Bible clearly tells us that we must just confess our sin, believe in faith that Jesus died for our sins, and that we are saved... and that we walk out our salvation by pursuing God and holiness for the rest of our lives, and that he strengthens us to do so... And he also asks that we have a childlike faith... Our faith isn't works centered, and certainly we can't control God by sowing seeds demanding that he resopnd. AFter all, He's God! Who are we to tell Him what to do! Sow all the seeds you want, but God is God, adn He will decide when to give adn when to take away... How can one preach Grace, but then think we can manipulate or control God based on our giving or what we do... We simply cannot do enough to ever earn the Lord's Grace and Mercy...and certainly, giving to get will never bless us or Him as well... It's conditional,a nd the Lord asks that we give without condition, and that He loves a cheerful giver...

HOw many poeple would continue to sow seed offerings, and name this and claim that, if they knew half of the things they asked for God was in no condition to grant... These pastors are worrked about their "flocks" having cars, money, clothes this and that, while they are spiritually dead and thirsty for a real relationship and encounter with the Lord. God isn't our sugardaddy or fairy godmother dispensing gifts at our beckon call... How dare we disrespect Him as so and reduce Him to a mere santa claus... Let me stop here.. cause I get fired up... hahaha.. but I know yall feel me

Thanks for the quotes! You seem to be passionate about this subject. My dad teaches apologetics so I always have been, in these last days it is difficult and I have to pray against fear when speaking the truth. I seem to always be the one with "something to say", but I just want to be RIGHT and dont want us to MISS God!

momi

Sometimes I feel so alone in my convictions and thoughts... I don't have many friends at all, and the few I do have aren't interested in such things.

It would be nice to have someone to pray and learn with in my area.

Nice & Wavy

Sometimes I feel so alone in my convictions and thoughts... I don't have many friends at all, and the few I do have aren't interested in such things.

:bighug:I will be praying for you, momi...that the Lord will bring someone to you in your area. You are never alone!

Blessings to you, always.

jwhitley6

I sooo feel you on this. I just had a mini breakdown last night. Thank God for a young Deacon-in-training from my church who talked with me for 3 hours about this Christian walk. Sometimes I feel like the only one who wants to live for God. I've been churched all my life, but recently began really seeking a real relationship with God and his purpose for my life. Needless to say, narrow is the way and many do not find it/care to find it.

I will pray you find the support you need in your area. :yep:

AnnDriena_

The biggest problem with this is TOLERANCE. When every group, lifestyle and niche population starting demanding tolerance and Christians starting seeing it as a "good" compromise and the devil moved on to his next step step.Acceptance. And too many of us have accepted this madness. It's time to spit it out.

Nice & Wavy

The biggest problem with this is TOLERANCE. When every group, lifestyle and niche population starting demanding tolerance and Christians starting seeing it as a "good" compromise and the devil moved on to his next step step.Acceptance. And too many of us have accepted this madness. It's time to spit it out.
Good post:yep:

BeautyPoint

Amen!
We also need to be leary of some of the Diversity & Inclusion programs in the marketplace. Alot of D & I programs have hidden agendas behind them. Satan uses some of those programs to push his Gay & Lesbian agenda (and for an unisex & bad fruit-bearing society). These programs can be VERY deceptive.

The company I work for is big on "D & I" and when I first started, for some reason I never latched on to it and it never settled in my spirit although the program is suppose to be for "good". Alot of it preaches on acceptance and tolerance for others, EXCEPT for in my observation, Christians. The roles have been reversed and Christians are now being silenced and pretty much forced into hiding.

joy2day

Delight2him, thanks so much for bumping this thread...it is soooo on time for me. And thanks to Nice for starting it earlier this year...this ain't nothin but the truth.

lejardinier

Thank you Nice & Wavy..I missed this thread when it first started and am glad to read all of the posts. Seeing everyone on fire for God is inspirational. Thanks again. God bless you all and Merry Christmas.
The sermon by Paul Washer that is referred to above and his other sermons on the HeartCry Missionary Society website are worth listening to.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Thank you Nice & Wavy..I missed this thread when it first started and am glad to read all of the posts. Seeing everyone on fire for God is inspirational. Thanks again. God bless you all and Merry Christmas.
The sermon by Paul Washer that is referred to above and his other sermons on the HeartCry Missionary Society website are worth listening to.
Thank you for reading this, lejardinier! I will listen to him.

goldielocs

Girl, this was so on point I had to Thank You again!!!:yep:

LovingLady

Can someone explain to me why Purpose driven life is not recommended?

I have read the book and I love it. Things that I have learned:

1. It is not about me
2. I have to submit to the will of God
3. I was created for a purpose
4. I am uniquely made and I should praise God for it
5. Meditate on God's word (think about it continuously)
6. God wants you to spend time with Him (He wants a relationship)
7. I do things for the honor and glory of God.
8. I should be Christ-like (no you are not Christ but with each day as a Christian you should be striving to be more like Him)

If all of this seems basic, then this might not be the book for you. This book helped me to jump start my relationship with God.

I've read it years ago, but I think the sentiment is that no book, other than the Holy Bible itself can actually tell you your purpose in life.

The only purpose the book tells you is that we have to serve God. How we do it can be done in many different ways.

God created us for a purpose and that purpose is in his word. PDL is a bit selfish in that it is about making ones self feel good about what you are doing rather than doing whatever God's will is for you, whether or not it makes you feel good.
The only thing that I got from the book is that it is all about God, His will be done.

This book is like any other book, you read it, take what you want from it, and you move on. It is not the gospel.

Amen!
We also need to be leary of some of the Diversity & Inclusion programs in the marketplace. Alot of D & I programs have hidden agendas behind them. Satan uses some of those programs to push his Gay & Lesbian agenda (and for an unisex & bad fruit-bearing society). These programs can be VERY deceptive.

The company I work for is big on "D & I" and when I first started, for some reason I never latched on to it and it never settled in my spirit although the program is suppose to be for "good". Alot of it preaches on acceptance and tolerance for others, EXCEPT for in my observation, Christians. The roles have been reversed and Christians are now being silenced and pretty much forced into hiding.

I see a lot of Christians roll over and accept what society does. The same thing they want you to be a part of, is the same thing they will push you out of if you align yourself with God.

The other day a heard how passing out bibles after school on religious tolerance day (or a day similar to that) was banned. You could do one of two things when something that affects us happens:

1. roll over and allow it to happen
2. stand up for God

We are one body in Christ. If it happens one of us, it is happening to all of us.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
That is why Jesus left us a prayer model, so that whatever we ask, it's always according to God's will. Praying according to His will keeps me in Trust mode. To explain: I believe Jeremiah 29:11, that God has nothing but good for me, whatever it is. His best, if you will. If what I desire is according to His will, I will receive it. If it's not, I trust Him, because my prayer is according to His will. (Hope this makes sense.)

The "name it/claim it" can be misleading, if praying according to God's will isn't emphasized. IOW, I can't claim what is not God's will for my life, I'll surely lose it if I "get" it by any means. What God gives me, no man can take away.

Joseph was a prosperous man in Egypt, even as a slave, because God was with him. With riches, he was prosperous. Without riches, he was prosperous. It's God's presence in his life that made him prosperous, not material things.

... Your will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven... Amein

HOw many poeple would continue to sow seed offerings, and name this and claim that, if they knew half of the things they asked for God was in no condition to grant... These pastors are worrked about their "flocks" having cars, money, clothes this and that, while they are spiritually dead and thirsty for a real relationship and encounter with the Lord. God isn't our sugardaddy or fairy godmother dispensing gifts at our beckon call... How dare we disrespect Him as so and reduce Him to a mere santa claus... Let me stop here.. cause I get fired up... hahaha.. but I know yall feel me

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I do not understand the fuss. The One Who created each of us for a purpose is the only One Who can reveal it to each of us. Ask Him, not man!

Prudent1

I do not understand the fuss. The One Who created each of us for a purpose is the only One Who can reveal it to each of us. Ask Him, not man!
'Tis true but the ppl want a man that they can see and touch and hear with all of their human parts just like when the children of Israel desired a king in the OT. They wanted to be like the world (all of the surrounding nations). So many of us want to be like the world too...