THE ANABAPTIST VISION

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
http://www.RadicalReformation.com
<Please click on this link above to listen.. open for discussion...
God bless>

The Anabaptist Vision was a message preached by Harold S. Bender at Columbia University in 1943. It is a radical Christian manifesto calling Christians back to the kingdom message of Jesus Christ. As Bender explains, "The Anabaptists were concerned most of all about a true Christian life, that is, a life patterned after the teaching and example of Christ." This is Bender's original message, read by Dean Taylor, author of the recent book, A Change of Allegiance.

As Bender explains, "The Anabaptists retained the original vision of Luther and Zwingli, enlarged it, gave it body and form, and set out to achieve it in actual experience. They proceeded to organize a church composed solely of earnest Christians, and actually found the people for it. They did not believe in any case that the size of the response should determine whether or not the truth of God should be applied, and they refused to compromise. They preferred to make a radical break with 1,500 years of history and culture if necessary rather than to break with the New Testament."

Rainbow Dash

Listening now...The message is relevant for us. It takes us back to the basics of our faith. The things the Anabaptist had to endure, have started in other nations. I believe these times are soon to come for the Saints of God through Christ and not through organizations and traditions.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I hear you about traditions.. time for exile :yep:

Ezekiel 12:2-3
1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, you are living among a rebellious people. They have eyes to see but do not see and ears to hear but do not hear, for they are a rebellious people.

3 “Therefore, son of man, pack your belongings for exile and in the daytime, as they watch, set out and go from where you are to another place. Perhaps they will understand, though they are a rebellious people.

Amein~

Rainbow Dash

Laela

Yes, traditions kills life in the Spirit. It is easy to get caught up if we are not paying attention. When we lose the real focus, we can become a rebellious people.

A few points that I noticed in the message...being a Christian not in name only but by life in the Holy Ghost. Bearing fruit by a life filled with the Spirit of God, the fruit of the Spirit. Walking in the power of God through a life that has been made alive through Christ.

These are things we must pay attention to in this walk. We can sometimes get caught up in familiarity, traditions, by-laws, etc that we forget the most important things in our walk. Living in the Spirit, Bearing the fruit of Christ. Knowing that we are saved by grace through faith in Christ.

I know I'm rambling but I enjoyed the word. It really ministered to me. Also, The people had joy in the midst of persecution while their accusers grew frustrated. While being persecuted they increased in Christ.