Question about beveled/flat stove irons

dany06

I want to try my hand at using beveled and flat stove irons. Yes this means that Im going to be using some marcel irons. I dont have an issue with that. I just want to know if I could use brands other than Kizure and Golden Supreme. I do eventually plan on purchasing a Kizure beveled iron and few pressing combs in the future. I just cant find any locally. What I have seen so far are Annie's, Gold n Hot, and Kentucky Maid. Kentucky Maid's stuff cost more than Kizure in stores. So Im not going to spend over 60 bucks on that.

I want to get one today. I'll be travelling near Sally's and all they carry is the Gold n Hot one. Do you guys think I should wait or try it out? Have any of you guys ever use Gold n Hot thermal/stove tools?

Also the only review I could find on this iron is on the Sally's website.

Not worth it Date: March 1, 2009
Cons: snags, doesn't work welladd a con, not a good straightener

"I purchased this product and do not use it often. It snags and pulls my hair . . . it barely straightens it. I guess you get what you pay for."

Now reading that review makes me hesitant about buying it. But I could say the same about ceramic flat irons with floating plates about 6 months ago. I felt they did the exact same thing until I figured it out.