Question about cholesterol conditioners

daviine

What category do cholesterol conditioners fall in? Are they moisturizing? Protein? I have no clue. It seems everyone has a different view? Does it matter from brand to brand?

What do you think?

love2praz

Very good question! I have often wondered about that!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I always thought they were mild protein conditioners. Like Hair Mayo... I've only tried Queen Helene (yuck) and Hairlox Cholesterol. Both make my hair feel a little stiff after rinsing. But some folks (Beana!
) get a moisturized, detangled feel from them.

Tracy

I think when they are mostly ceteryl and stearyl alcohol in the formulations they are moisturizing.

In my exp. they begin acting like proteins when you start adding aloe and placenta and the other things they they tend to like to add to these conds.

But that's just my opinion. I have no idea what the real answer is - I just kinda pay attention to what a specific conditoner brand and formula do on MY hair and then I use it according to the way it behaves.

AMBERSKYE

I occasionally use LeKair Cholesterol (pink). This product works well. My hair feels smooth and my hair is tangle free after I use it.

beana3

I consider lekair peach version a moisturizer.. maybe you'll just have to try out different cholesterols and see how they respond to your hair. I truly think it varies.

IMO, just because proetin can be found in a product, does not mean its a "reconstructor" or protein condit. I also use lekair with the intention of moisturizing and detangling my hair.. i think if i used it for a reconstructor it would be horrible (in terms of not doing a darn thing as far as strengthening, stopping breakage). HTH

smooches

<font color="orange">I sometimes use the LeKair cholesterol as a moisturizer. Does the trick for me. It contains some protein but I agree that it would NOT be an effective protein treatment or reconstructor. </font>