Question about Miss Jessie's Packaging

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I bought some samples of the regular and baby Curly Buttercremes and Meringue from this place

http://www.meschhairstudio.com/

According to the Curve Salon site, Mesch is an approved retailer.

I got home and opened the Meringue and the container was sealed but neither buttercreme containers had seals. They all look to have about the same amount in them. But I doubt I'd notice if a few finger tip dabs were missing.

My question is did I get ganked into buying testers?

This place is an hour away so I'm not wasting the gas to take 'em back, but I will write a letter to the BBB.

Oh and the regular buttercreme smells like Halls Menthol cough drops, the baby buttercreme smells like sweet baby powder and I don't know what the meringue smell like, but whatever it is smells good as hell.

TIA

Bint Yusef

During the BOGO I think I bought one of everything they had on their site:look:. I remember some of them had the seals underneath and some of them didnt and I got them directly from the site.

sweettrini

Well I've bought the buttercreme (only one I use) from Ricky's and from a salon in Roosevelt Field Mall in NY and I've never had one with a seal :perplexed!! So if the buttercreme is supposed to have one, I've been ganked too!!:look: I buy the $56 dollar size tub when they have a BOGOF sale.

ManeVixen

hello ladies when i ordered from the website my curly pudding had a seal and my buttercream didnt. i just assumed the pudding had an ingredient in it that required a seal:look:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
It's sounding like the inconsistency comes from Curve Salon and not the retailer.

I think all of their products have preservatives so I doubt it's a 'freshness' issue.

Thank's ya'll

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I bought some samples of the regular and baby Curly Buttercremes and Meringue from this place

http://www.meschhairstudio.com/

According to the Curve Salon site, Mesch is an approved retailer.

I got home and opened the Meringue and the container was sealed but neither buttercreme containers had seals. They all look to have about the same amount in them. But I doubt I'd notice if a few finger tip dabs were missing.

My question is did I get ganked into buying testers?

This place is an hour away so I'm not wasting the gas to take 'em back, but I will write a letter to the BBB.

Oh and the regular buttercreme smells like Halls Menthol cough drops, the baby buttercreme smells like sweet baby powder and I don't know what the meringue smell like, but whatever it is smells good as hell.

TIA
I think the Meringue smells like pineapples. It does smell good as hell--turns DH right on!!:grin:

so1913

Late response... but my buttercremes never had seals (although the styling products do)

I agree, the merigue smells like pinapple/pina colada scent.

Lucky's Mom

Mesch's is a great and highly reputable Studio, so - I think you are just fine.

I had no seals on my butters, and I live 20 minutes away from them...:grin:

Forever in Bloom

When I ordered directly from Miss Jessies during their BOGO, my Curly Pudding containers (unscented) both came with seals. When I ordered from honeyfig.com prior to this order, no seals. The seal is almost like a thinner texture close to how styrofoam feels, if that makes any sense.

Maybe some containers get it and some don't :ohwell:

Sunshine_One

I think it might be matter of older packaging vs new. I have been using MJ products since 2005. Back then none of the products I purchased (local retailer or MJ.com) had seals. But I just recently purchased the 2 newest products (Stretch Silkening Cream and Quick Curls) from Miko's salon here in DC and the Stretch cream had a foil/plastic seal.

My 3 cents!

HTH