Question about tree braids

are they safer for your hair then a weave?

Can someone please list the pros and cons to tree braids and how to take care of them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

caltron

I wore tree braids for about 2 years. IMO they are about the same as a weave safety wise. Just like sew in weaves, the key to keeping your own hair healthy is making sure that the braids are not done too tightly and taking them out before your own hair starts matting.

virtuenow

There are 2 kinds of Tree braids: (1) extensions are braided into cornrows with hair strategically left out to give the appearance of microbraids. Its an extreme low maintenance prot style. Please do a quick google for pics; and (2) hair is braided in single extesions just llike standard micros except hair is left out in in a fishbone like pattern to hide braid and give fullness

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Platinum

:bump: for more reviews on Tree braids.

I'm planning to get my hair braided today but I've never had these (I usually wear micros or Senegalese Twists).

lovebug10

Bumping!!

I've looked up lots of pictures and such on tree braids. im 99% sure I'm getting these. But I was curious to know which version was better: the cornrows or the individuals. I thought of getting the cornrows but individuals along the edges because I don't like the look of the cornrow at the hair line but thats just me.

DontTouchMyHair

I'm getting mine done next week (I will post pics).

I've had such a hard time picking hair. I ended up getting this Hair South Human Hair in Deep Wave and I really hope it turns out right. But I'm excited to get the style because it seems like a great protective style.

As far as care, I bought some Sulfur8 Braid Spray so hopefully that helps out.

lovebug10

I'm thinking of getting them myself. I was thinking that the cornrow ones are more protective than the individuals. I'm just worried that the braid will be really small which will cause damage. Anyone agree or disagree with that mindset?

My other option are long MBL/ Booty braids. Either like Solange (beyonce's sister) or slightly thinner

DontTouchMyHair please post pics!!

DontTouchMyHair

I'm thinking of getting them myself. I was thinking that the cornrow ones are more protective than the individuals. I'm just worried that the braid will be really small which will cause damage. Anyone agree or disagree with that mindset?

My other option are long MBL/ Booty braids. Either like Solange (beyonce's sister) or slightly thinner

@DontTouchMyHair please post pics!!

From what I've seen, you can do them in different sizes. If you do not want them small they dont have to be. I'm getting mid sized ones and individuals in the back so I can wear a pony

Kimiche

Bumping! I'm thinking about getting these, but still debating if I should stick with my regular individuals like I normally get since I'm transitioning.