Question for the Naturals/Transitioners

divatude

those of u who had relaxed her, um do ur edges eventually grow out or does it remain processed?

i ask this becuz my edges look like there in the 3 hair type, i have been relaxing my hair for over 15 years, i want to know if the edges will remain damaged?

Well, i don't know if i'm transitioning or just stretching but i haven't relaxed my hair in 9 months and my edges have grown out and i still have the relaxed bits on the end. The only thing is my edges just grow a little bit slower than the rest of my hair. By the way my edges were badly damaged due to a terrible relaxer session i had in a salon last July

Nonie

Also how you wear your hair can affect how it looks. If you are always pulling it back/brushing it back and keeping it stretched in buns, ponies or puffs, then the front can appear looser than everywhere else.

Nasdaq_Diva

My edges grow alot slower than the rest of my hair. It took a little longer for me to see my true texture in that area. Happy natural hair journey!

melissa-bee

I'm just over 10 months post and my edges are completly natural. My nape has a lil bit of relaxed ends left,