Question for the Naturals/Transitioners

divatude

those of u who had relaxed her, um do ur edges eventually grow out or does it remain processed?

i ask this becuz my edges look like there in the 3 hair type, i have been relaxing my hair for over 15 years, i want to know if the edges will remain damaged?

Well, i don't know if i'm transitioning or just stretching but i haven't relaxed my hair in 9 months and my edges have grown out and i still have the relaxed bits on the end. The only thing is my edges just grow a little bit slower than the rest of my hair. By the way my edges were badly damaged due to a terrible relaxer session i had in a salon last July

Also how you wear your hair can affect how it looks. If you are always pulling it back/brushing it back and keeping it stretched in buns, ponies or puffs, then the front can appear looser than everywhere else.

My edges grow alot slower than the rest of my hair. It took a little longer for me to see my true texture in that area. Happy natural hair journey!

I'm just over 10 months post and my edges are completly natural. My nape has a lil bit of relaxed ends left,

Back