Question for those that use Aveda Damage Remedy...

Cholet112

I use the Damage Remedy Reconstructing Treatment as light protein. Your hair will definitely feel stronger, but I always need to add my moisturizing conditioner to this to get my desired slip.

scoobygirl

I've used the restructuring conditioner and the intensive treatment and I actually prefer the conditioner. The intensive is good but my hair is very anti-protein and I think that the intensive may have been just a bit too much. But they are both good products.

I dont consider it to be a heavy protein. As a matter of fact their product makes my hair very soft and supple. I turn to Aphogee Treatment for the protein.

sareca

SerenityBreeze said:
I dont consider it to be a heavy protein. As a matter of fact their product makes my hair very soft and supple. I turn to Aphogee Treatment for the protein.

Same here. But I put Aveda in the same category as KeraPhix; a light protein. For heavy I use Aphogee or Emergencee.

Last edited:

nycutiepie

I do the EXACT same thing as Cholet........use the DR Shampoo, the Intensive Treatment but HAVE to follow-up with a moisturizing conditioner for slip........especially since I am currently 10 weeks post.

Arcadian

for whatever reason my hair can't stand aveda DR stuff:( :( :( but it loves protien like its nobody's business. I just don't know what gives really. I tried it a few times and my hair revolted.:( :(

-A

taraglam2

I use the AVEDA Damage Remedy Shampoo and Treatment. For my hair it provides enough moisture, protein, slip---everything !

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Cholet112 said:
I use the Damage Remedy Reconstructing Treatment as light protein. Your hair will definitely feel stronger, but I always need to add my moisturizing conditioner to this to get my desired slip.

This is good to know. :up:

Tee

I wouldn't consider this a heavy protein at all. Light protein but I don't have to anything else for moisture or slip. (I do use the pre poo before hand.)

sexyaqr

I use both the shampoo and conditioner like every four weeks for added strength, but the moisture lover in me always follows up with a moisturizing conditioner. I love these products though.