Question For Transitioners - After Co-Washing/Shampooing.

SincerelyJouet

Ok, my question is after shampooing and conditioning, do you blow dry the hair or let it air dry? I am a newbie to transitioning and I'm getting my hair in the two strand flat twists tomorrow. I really don't want any heat or harmful chemicals in my hair for the first six months. I watched Nicole's video for shampooing and conditioning (here: YouTube - Quick Tip My Shampoo & Conditioning Regimen). Before she starts is that blow dried hair or air dried hair? Also, what is the best product to use for my two strand flat twists? Thanks for any advice and help!

:grin:

kinkycurlyB

Well, I think in the video that is just her hair from an old twist out. I follow her blog and she wears twist outs alot.. I'm transitioning now and after I shampoo I apply my leave ins and let it airdry in about four to six plaits. Then after its about 75 to 80 percent dry, I would blowdry it on cool air to smooth it out a lil bit and style.

SincerelyJouet

Ok, gotcha. I appreciate that. I was just wondering because I know some people do blow dry and thier hair is still springy and big. So thanks! =)

Prudent1

I am in 2 strand twists right now. After DCing I applied my LV in and sealed with my own oil blend (EVO, jojoba, coconut, grapseed, shea, tea tree, and argan). Then, I let my hair air dry until it was not dripping but not dry either. Next, I sectioned off my hair into 4 main parts. I started in the back and parted a row. I applied a setting mousse to my hair and actually made a small corn row on my scalp at the beginning of each twist, then started twisting until I reached the end of the strand. The corn rowed part is only 3 to 4 passes. That keeps my hair from poufing and allows me ease if I need to rewet a section and retwist to touch it up or something. I still have about an inch or so if relaxed ends so I set them on perm rods and let my hair air dry. There are lots of loc gels, alcohol free gels, butters, and pastes that will help hold the twists in place w/o buildup or damaging ingredients. I don't get into the hair type thing as much b/c I seem to have more than 1 type of hair:drunk: but if it helps you any, I think the majority of my hair is 4a-ish.
HTH