Questions about getting a rinse!

zzirvingj

Is a rinse really better for the hair since it's not permanent?

Can anyone recommend a brand of a rinse?

I want to color my hair with a rinse but it is extremely dark. Do you think a rinse will work?

Do rinses contain bleach?

Has anyone here ever had breakage or shedding as a result of getting a rinse put in??

Determined22

My old stylist used Colorshines and I always got great results. I went from a medium brown to a beautiful red using that rinse brand.

I was recently using Clairol Beautiful Collections, but I don't like it cause it left my hair feeling too dry immediately afterwards and the color rinsed away too fast.

locabouthair

i've never used a rinse. but from what i've heard as along as it doesnt contain ammonia or peroxide, which it shouldn't, you should be fine, it wouldnt do any damage. i also heard that you cant go lighter with a rinse. if youre hair is dark and you apply a lighter color rinse most likely it will not show. this is all from what i've read/heard about rinses.

janeemat

nikki1971 said:
Matrix Prisms is very good. Colourshines also if you can find them.

I use colourshines and love it. Where do you find the Matrix Prisms. I may have to switch to this since the colourshines is being discontinued. To answer the poster questions, rinses are very safe and you can get them with your relaxer which I did yesterday. The are free of ammonia, alcohol and peroxide. You can only go darker. Check out JenniferMD website for the new Dominican rinses. They are like colourshines. www.roundbrush.com

Last edited:

ohsosuzy

Hmmm.., how much of a color change are you looking for?? When I used to get rinses my hair was kinda dark and I never really saw much of a color difference. The only time I saw a slight change was with a bright red rinse... it kinda ended up a deep burgundy. None of the other colors ever did much. What I did notice most often was that when it was sunny out you could kinda see the color, but that was about it. HTH

lexi08

janeemat said:
I use colourshines and love it. Where do you find the Matrix Prisms. I may have to switch to this since the colourshines is being discontinued. To answer the poster questions, rinses are very safe and you can get them with your relaxer which I did yesterday. The are free of ammonia, alcohol and peroxide. You can only go darker. Check out JenniferMD website for the new Dominican rinses. They are like colourshines. www.roundbrush.com

My stylist uses Prisms in my hair. I have not been able to find it online or in a BSS yet. It's one of those hard to find professional only products. I did see it on E-bay a few times but when I went back to buy the products were sold out. So you may want to try E-bay. I do highly recommend this rinse though, it leaves my hair so shiny. I use the dark brown and clear. If I ever find this I will definitely purchase for home use.