Jet Black Rinse

Has anyone used SoftSheen Carson RejuvaTone Rinses? I just purchased the jet black version of this rinse and I would like to know if anyone has had positive or negative experiences.

On a more technical note, for anyone who has done a rinse: how do you apply the rinse? The directions on the bottle are sparse. Do you section hair and comb it through, or smooth it on with hands? The consistency of it seems really "runny" so I am not sure how to keep it from getting all over the place. Is heat necessary for the color to take?

Finally, I am planning on rollersetting after applying the rinse- is this a good plan or should I let the rinse "settle" before rollersetting?

Thanks!

karezone

I have never used the Soft Sheen rinses, but I have used the Jazzing rinses. They are very runny so wear something that you won't mind staining, use old towels, and wear gloves. You will need a barrier cream of some sort (vaseline) to prevent the rinse from staining your skin.

If you just want something that is going to last for one shampoo, don't use heat but if you want a more lasting color (semi-permanent) use heat. Make sure that you rinse until the water comes clear or you will have mess. It is okay to roller set coloring.

Patrice

Oshun I am also planning on colering my hair jet black and in the past I have used the Jazzing but keep me updated on how the soft sheen works.

Karezone- thanks for the tips. I think I will pass on the heat this time and see how it looks. Do you come it through the hair after you pour it on?

Patrice- I will definitely let you know what happens. Were you happy with the way the Jazzing rinse came out?

Thank you!

Patrice

yea but it was really messy. Next time Im gonna take karezones advice about the vaseline and old clothes. I had black spots on my fore head for days, or I might just get it done at the hair dresser

laketta

Is this thread only for rinses?? I am going jet black permanent. My hair is natural so I am worried about moisture. I will use Garnier 100% Color. How do you keep hair from drying out with color???

Laketta- you are too cute with your braidout:)

I think that if you use a permanent color, you should definitely be prepared to step up your moisture regimen. That's what I intend to do after this rinse. You will probably have to use whatever moisturizing products/techniques that work for you now even more faithfully, but you should be fine otherwise. I am no expert on color, but I do know that if your hair is healthy (and yours looks to be) it can take a lot of "abuse" and still be okay...good luck!

Okay, so I'm off to do this rinse...

Patrice

I was thinking about going permanent too but I am soooo scared because of all the precausions u have to take. I guess to keep it from damaging u have to deep condition everytime u wash and do protein treatments at least once a month. I decided that when I reach halfway to my goal length Ill do it. But I had something similar to a twa last year and now I am grazing shoulder length so I dont want to do anything thats gonna set me back. Good luck if u decide to do it though.

laketta

[ QUOTE ]
OshunCurls said:
Laketta- you are too cute with your braidout:)

I think that if you use a permanent color, you should definitely be prepared to step up your moisture regimen. That's what I intend to do after this rinse. You will probably have to use whatever moisturizing products/techniques that work for you now even more faithfully, but you should be fine otherwise. I am no expert on color, but I do know that if your hair is healthy (and yours looks to be) it can take a lot of "abuse" and still be okay...good luck!

Okay, so I'm off to do this rinse...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
I'll probably take more pics when I am done with it. I'm doing this by myself. Y'all pray for me.

Trell

I know I must have done something wrong. But I applied a black rinse (Jazzing) with heat. Rinsed until the water ran clear. However, every time I styled my hair my finger tips and nails were black. Did anyone else have this problem?

missdirtysouth

Hey! I've been lurking for a while, but I had to get in on this one. Trell, don't worry, I'm sure you did it correctly. Jet Black rinse just gets underneath the nails. I've been doing it for years and years just part of the territory.

Welcome, missdirtysouth:)

Trell- you are NOT alone!

While I am very pleased with the results of the rinse- talk about one MESSY process!

I used gloves and still ended up with purple fingernails/tips- this came after rinsing my hair in the shower for so long (I was running out of hot water
) and still not getting the water to run completely clear. Afterwards, I had a big purple ring aroung the tub

On a more positive note, my hair did not feel dry at all- it actually had this interesting "smoothness" to it and of course, it is extremely shiny.

love2bme

Ladies do not permanent dye your hair..it will break overtime...if u must do it then have it done professionally and remember not all stylist are professional in hair coloring.

On the other hand, I have been looking(2yrs) for a good hair rinse that will last and cover grey patches. Well the search is over thanks to New Clairol Natural Instinct and thanks to the member (forgot her name) who first posted this product...Ladies it works in 8 minutes time with no heat. First, I washed my hair with a all natural clarifying shampoo, towel dried and poured on the dye mixture which is a thick shampoo consistency not runny at all. I concentrated mostly on the grey areas simply smoothing it in using the fitted enclosed gloves...I did not bring the dye down on my ends which is already black. I also worked quickly doing this and treating this like a relaxer not going past the required 8 minutes time frame for chemically treated hair. (No plastic cap needed) Next, after 8 minutes time up, I rinsed out hair gently with warm water until water ran clear then I did my usual deep conditon with cholesterol this time using a plastic cap and no heat until I was ready to rinse out not shampoo out. Last, put in my leave in conditioner and u know the rest.

Clairol Natural Instincts last thru 28 shampoos or more..It is safe and effective. This is my staple for life!

CAUTIONS: Do wait until your relaxer is at least 2 weeks old. Do not use this dye or any dye on damaged or weeak hair.

Best results are on clean damp hair so make sure all build ups or traces of conditioner is washed out...Hope this wasnt too long...Just another sister tryin to look out..Peace