Questions re: Organic Root Stimulator Carrot Oil

northernbelle

I recently purchased a jar of the ORS Carrot Oil.

If I apply this to my scalp, and massage from roots to ends, should I use another product for nourishing my ends on a daily basis?

BTW: I have 4b relaxed hair, which is fine in texture.

Thank you!
northernbelle

inthepink

This is a water-based product so it could potentially be drying to your hair. Maybe trying adding a light oil or serum afterwards to seal in the moisture.

pink_flower

Gosh, NB you seem to be purchasing a lot of new products these days

I haven't used the carrot oil but I do know a lot of people swear by the stuff(for the hair and ends). Also a good combo is carrot oil and wild growth oil(if you have that).

northernbelle

Re: Questions re: Organic Root Stimulator Carrot O

[ QUOTE ]
pink_flower said:
Gosh, NB you seem to be purchasing a lot of new products these days

I haven't used the carrot oil but I do know a lot of people swear by the stuff(for the hair and ends). Also a good combo is carrot oil and wild growth oil(if you have that).

[/ QUOTE ]\

I guess I am what you might call a neo-PJ! LOL!

Anyway, I realized that I had been neglecting my hair, and decided to re-commit to good hair care via the purchase of some new goodies.

Thank you for the suggestion, Hairlove and pink_flower re: adding hair oil. I will try my new Aveda Beautifying Composition!

northernbelle

Shatani

would it make sense to mix the oil in, or to apply it afterward??
~T~

northernbelle

Shatani, I think I will try applying the oil to my ends following the application of the ORS Carrot Oil.

northernbelle

candibaby

I use it, and I dont apply anything to my ends afterwards. It keeps my hair pretty moisturized, it doesn't try it out at all.

northernbelle

The way hairlove explains, and as I understand her explanation, ORS Carrot Oil is water-based, i.e. it has water as its first ingredient. Because of this, the product may be potentially drying.

northernbelle

candibaby

oh wait, yeah.. what northernbelle said. the protein in it can make your hair hard.. i dont know about it drying your hair out for sure.

Neroli

My favorite leave-ins are water-based (nexxus headdress and giovanni direct) and they leave my hair pretty moisturized without any additives. IMO, water is THE ultimate moisturizer. I don't like oily based leave-ins and I don't used grease, oils or butters. I am 4b relaxed.

I always like to first try a product "straight" in order to assess its effectiveness before doctoring it up. Why not try it straight first and see how your hair likes it?

northernbelle

Actually, Neroli, I have used the ORS Carrot Oil straight from the jar,"as is." The first day or two, my hair looked and felt good. Then it began to look and feel a bit dry.

There may be other ingredients in the ORS Carrot Oil which may be making my hair unhappy.

northernbelle