USERS: ORS Carrot Oil!?!

shellzfoshizzle

Who uses this stuff? Organic Root Stimulator Carrot Oil? Did you have good results with it? I know it stinks but does it really fill in the thinning spots and make your hair look good like in the magazine pictures?!

inthepink

I used to use it on my relaxed hair and it just made my hair dry. I've learned my hair doesn't like water-based moisturizers.

stacy

I use ORS Carrot OIl Creme (doesn't stink to me), but it does not fill in any balding spots for me (areas where I do not have as much hair, such as around my left hairline where I have braid damage). I use it strictly as a daily moisturizer. It is very good as a moisturizer. It does seem to thicken my hair, but it's not for balding areas(IMO). Surge has proven better for my thinning areas and some have mentioned cayenne pepper solutions for thinning areas, too.

nolechik

FSU Alumni/Grad Student
Carrot Oil seems to do the trick for me as a moisturizer as well. I'll usually grease my scalp with this or the ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion. If my ends are looking "busted," I just slap some c/o on and see instant results!! It's definitely some good stuff.

kombov_dymond

LorraineG uses this and it works really well for her. I'm gonna try it soon. It's cheaper at Kmart than anywhere else I have seen it.

Kha

I used up two full size sample jars that I had and I liked it, especially for my twists. It costs nearly twice as much the the mango butter where I live, and to me it isn't worth all that...

dreemssold

[ QUOTE ]
stacy said:
I use ORS Carrot OIl Creme (doesn't stink to me), but it does not fill in any balding spots for me (areas where I do not have as much hair, such as around my left hairline where I have braid damage). I use it strictly as a daily moisturizer. It is very good as a moisturizer. It does seem to thicken my hair, but it's not for balding areas(IMO). Surge has proven better for my thinning areas and some have mentioned cayenne pepper solutions for thinning areas, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Lorraine

Despite the smell I think it's great. It makes my hair feel so soft and it's great for sealing my ends when I go into 'bun-mode'. I've been using the olive oil by ORS because well, I'm self-conscious about the scent when around coworkers or my man. I smell like carrots. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Lorraine said:
I've been using the olive oil by ORS because well, I'm self-conscious about the scent when around coworkers or my man. I smell like carrots. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the reason I have mine up for trade... it smells like pumpkin pie to me... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

bajanplums1

The ORS temple balm fills in spots. I hate the smell of the carrot oil. Othersied, I think it is effective. I would put it on my ends when I roller set. I stopped using it beacue of the scent and now I use Aphogee Essential Fatty Acids + Elasta Mango Butter as a moisturizer & I love it.

Kitkat

I love this stuff. It's a great moisturizer, and works especially well with a little WGO mixed into it.

Faith

I like slapping it over my application of world of curls activator gel...works very well this way /images/graemlins/smile.gif

candibaby

I love it. I've been using it so long that I dont notice the smell anymore. I use it as a daily moisturizer (I apply it to the length of my hair, then rub some oil on my hands and run them through my hair). By doing this I HARDLY have to have a dusting when I relax.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:
Carrot Oil seems to do the trick for me as a moisturizer as well. I'll usually grease my scalp with this or the ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion. If my ends are looking "busted," I just slap some c/o on and see instant results!! It's definitely some good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Offtopic...

Hey nolechik! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I just looked at your album for the first time and you have some nice hair! Looks silky and shiny! What other products do you use for your hair? Looks like you're on your way to achieving your hair goals! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KinksnCurlz

i use it on my daughters hair esp. when i do her hair in twists. It does provide shine however the smell is atrocious /images/graemlins/laugh.gif okay, it's not that bad, it just smells exactly like carrots... EXACTLY!