Quick and easy styles for big hair

anon123

Can we get a thread for quick and easy styles for big hair please? I need some help. Cornrows and braid outs and what not don't count because those require planning and long time commitments and skill (esp the cornrowing).

My hair is currently enormous, having been blow dried, which fluffed it out big, but not blow dried to complete dryness, which let it shrink a bit and now makes it hard to pull taut or move it to any position. Can we get some photos and instructions in here, please?

I second this. Pics, please. I may not have your length or thickness, but I would be happy to contribute my 2 cents after seeing pics. :)

I don't know if this counts as it's jumbo flat twists. You can possibly substitute it for a roll and tuck if it's problematic for you.

The style starts on 4:30
Jumbo Flat twist

*Still wants to see pics of hair though* :yep:

@mwedzi maybe a pic of your enormous, fluffed out gorgeousness:lick:, uhhh..I mean hair, would help to inspire some style suggestions? :look:

It's a mess. :lol: I feel like that poster's siggy, where she has Pocahontas on one side and it says "how I think I look on a windy day" and then a crude drawing with crayon scribble hair and a pigeon nesting it and says "how I really look" :lol:

There's a picture attached. I'ma need y'all to help a girl out. I know I can't be the only one, too.

Attachments

• Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 242
I wish I had some styling tips for you, Mwedzi, but I just came to sigh and make goo-goo eyes at your hair.

bantu knots are easy and they define bigness quickly. I put 8 of them in for 15 mins on my blow dried hair.

I am NO WHERE near your thicknes and length but perhaps this helps

oh and roll/tuck styles are fast and easy.
roll-and-tuck-hairstyle-3.jpg

images-6.jpeg

and crown twist ala longhairdontcare2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtbjG6eyXBU

Attachments

• bantu knot out on blow dried hair.jpg
    bantu knot out on blow dried hair.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
:look: I'm here for the pics, too.

But maybe you could try a Cipriana updo?

Thanks. I tried. And failed. :( I need a tutorial or something. I did get an approximation, but really couldn't pull that off. It's very avant garde and very cool, but it was too zany for me. Might try her side high pony puff bun thing at some point in the future though. I've done much more modest side buns before, though. Maybe I should revisit. Attaching pic . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 107
Long and thick natural hair - quick and easy?!! :lachen: Just kiddin'.

Ok - I'm into wild and big atm.

Braid wet hair into 4 plaits (more hair in front 2 than back 2), let dry, take down braids then - grab hair that was in the 2 plaits in the front, use hands and smooth down, grab a thick elastic ponytail holder and stretch and corral it into one ponytail towards the back crown. Let the hair that was in two plaits in the back and smooth to remove the part and let it stay loose.

Been doin this for about 3 weeks now :lachen:

Stil HUGE hair but it's contained convenience wise, hair isn't all over the place and tangling still kept to minimum. It looks pretty cool and still quick and easy.

Srry, can't offer much more than that but there are some really cute suggestions in this thread :)

Ooh, is there a tutorial on this one?

i tried this on flat ironed hair...at least my attempted flat ironed hair. anywho, there is a tutorial made by chocolatetresses on this same exact hair style. i cant remember the title but its there. it took me less than 10 mins to do!!

i love that style. add a hair flower and im gone! :cool2:

bumping!
i'm about to do something like this tonight.
last time i went to this party, I cowashed, sectioned my hair, applied my leave-in and serum, and just gently picked it out with my wide tooth comb. instant fluffy fro. i always thought i had to blowdry first, but nope.
196436_1939212601093_1265744058_32364303_258564_n.jpg

sorry for my goofy (just kool-aid happy:look:) smile and awkward pose, lol
ETA: I'm not gonna pretend like it was a bed of roses detangling the next day, though. but hell, sometimes you just gotta live for that night, lol.

This is perfect! I bet this could be done with no prep time in less than 10 minutes. I favorited. :yep:

Long and thick natural hair - quick and easy?!! :lachen: Just kiddin'.

Ok - I'm into wild and big atm.

Braid wet hair into 4 plaits (more hair in front 2 than back 2), let dry, take down braids then - grab hair that was in the 2 plaits in the front, use hands and smooth down, grab a thick elastic ponytail holder and stretch and corral it into one ponytail towards the back crown. Let the hair that was in two plaits in the back and smooth to remove the part and let it stay loose.

Been doin this for about 3 weeks now :lachen:

Stil HUGE hair but it's contained convenience wise, hair isn't all over the place and tangling still kept to minimum. It looks pretty cool and still quick and easy.

Srry, can't offer much more than that but there are some really cute suggestions in this thread :)

Thanks! It will take so long for wet hair to dry, though, so it doesn't seem exactly "quick". But it does sound easy and cute. :yep:

Here's a video that Ms Lala created of 2 quick and simple hair styles: http://www.youtube.com/user/NaturalHairGrowth101#p/a/u/0/G-0tXm8aNtA

Very nice. I do soemthing like the first one.

Thanks! She waited overnight for it to set, so I wouldn't call it quick, but it is very pretty. I subscribed. :yep:

bump :bump:

Back