Looking For Low Maintenance Natural Big Styles

GraceJones

I've been post relaxer for about 4 years now. I'm at APL (slow grower). During this whole time I've just been cornrowing underneath and wearing my wigs over them .

Now I think I need to stop being so dependent on the wigs and just accept myself. I want to wear a qucik and easy style that I don't have to do too much to every day. I also want something "big" and "out" (volume on the side, not the top) to give balance to my long face.

I was thinking about cornrows leaving some hair out? I don't really want to do box braids or any other type of extension. Just my own hair.

Last edited:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
My current length is BSL and my density is high. I like to stretch my hair really thoroughly (banding or low heat styling, going to try a straightening brush next). Then I'll set it in small braids the first night (10-20).

After that I put it in two big braids overnight or 1 or two big bantu knots. The next day it's full and lovely. If my roots are unruly I slap on a headband of the appropriate material (smooth, preferably not cotton).

fro.jpg

Above is from semi-stretching and four bantu knots. Ideally I'd stretch more.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I live in wash n goes. They are super easy. I'm attempting a twist out tonight but I will do a wash n go in the morning if this twist out doesn't work out.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
My go to style is two flat twists pinned up. I'll wear that for two days then wear the twist out for two days.