• Natural

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Just BC'd

Votes: 15 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss Monae

relaxed head here! :wave:

but my new growth feels so yummy. i love playing with it. pulling it & watching it sproing back :lol:
i don't see me getting another relaxer for at least the next 4- 6 weeks (which will mean a stretch of 12 - 14 weeks; a record for me!)

ITA with you on the newgrowth. I have a curly pony in to match the texture of my newgrowth, and it blends in perfectly. That is my ultimate summer look! I'm going back to flowing tresses at the end of the month.

beans4reezy

I voted relaxed, but I am going from a relaxer to texturizer. I have been relaxed for 14 years and its time for a bit of a change ...i am hoping that from a texturizer, I could eventually ease my way into being a natural head.

MagnoliaBelle

Natural, this last time for about 10 years. That didn't stop the damage though. My hair was still fried, dyed, and very damaged due to a lack of knowledge of any good hair care practices.

trendsetta25

You should check some of the posts that talk about stretching. I am almost 6 months post and this site helped me big time. Before LHCF, I could go no more than 8 weeks.
Thanxs for the heads up. I actually have stretched for 14-16 weeks before, but usually I'm good at 8 weeks. Maybe it the humidity or maybe its because I started taking Chorella, up'd my M.N. usage and added aloe to my regi that's making my hair grow faster than normal....as long as I see some good growth in Oct when I relax I'm good :)
I will take another peak at this thread for some hairstyle ideas because my weave is looking horrible (thick as heck in the scalp and smooth as silk at the ends)

bablou00

Im newly natural as of June 09. Transitioned since Aug 08. I can t remember when I was first relaxed but I know it was at a very young age. Im thinkin 11-12 maybe younger I need to ask...lol!!! I always like straight hair never really thought otherwise until my sister went natural a couple years back. I luved playin in my new growth and since joining here learning how to take care of my hair and seeing that my hair can grow well past my shoulders made me more of a believer that I can take care of any type of hair. Im very active so being natural right now is fitting my lifestyle more than when I was relaxed. Will I ever relax again....I never say never but I cant keep my hands out of my hair and when I was relaxed I dare to never touch my head...hehe!!!

PerplexingComplex

16 or 17 years natural. The better question for me is why I was relaxed. I was spending time with family that didn't know what to do with my natural hair.

Neith

I'm sad there's no option for texlaxed :( Sometimes I feel like we're the hair minority :rolleyes: lol. So I didn't vote.

Texlaxed/Texturized is technically a relaxer. You just don't let it straighten it all the way. I'd vote relaxed :yep:

I'm natural and I transitioned from texlaxed hair for 1 year. Recently BC'd. I just didn't want to continue the cycle of chemicals and touch ups for the rest of my life. My hair is also much stronger.

trendsetta25

Wow relaxed and natural girls are neck and neck in this poll! I think the reason why i felt like there were more natural members because there's a lot of thread about being or targeting natural ladies:perplexed

Keep voting Ladies!!!

UGQueen

ive been relaxed since childhood so far back i dont even know how old i was.
but im thinking of transitioning. so my last relaxer might have been my last one.. we'll see

Thanxs for the heads up. I actually have stretched for 14-16 weeks before, but usually I'm good at 8 weeks. Maybe it the humidity or maybe its because I started taking Chorella, up'd my M.N. usage and added aloe to my regi that's making my hair grow faster than normal....as long as I see some good growth in Oct when I relax I'm good :)
I will take another peak at this thread for some hairstyle ideas because my weave is looking horrible (thick as heck in the scalp and smooth as silk at the ends)

I'm taking chlorella too and spirulina. I can't say it's making my hair grow faster though. I wish I had that problem! :yep:

sharifeh

I'm relaxed. I would like to be "natural" in theory but when my new growth comes in, it's fun to play with but it also drives me nuts(it gets dry etc, so tough to comb). I can't imagine having to deal with my whole head being like that and the look doesn't appeal to me that much. It looks nice on other people, but I don't know about me. And I just love straight hair so if I was natural my hair would constantly be straight.
So I don't know where I'm going.

Jewell

I have been/done all 3 within the last year, lol. BC'd June 2008, natural 'til Nov. 2008, texlaxed at that time, bone straight TU (by accident) March 09, another texlaxer application July 22, 2009. Enjoyed my natural hair, but too much work for a busy person like me.

trendsetta25

I have been/done all 3 within the last year, lol. BC'd June 2008, natural 'til Nov. 2008, texlaxed at that time, bone straight TU (by accident) March 09, another texlaxer application July 22, 2009. Enjoyed my natural hair, but too much work for a busy person like me.

WOW:lachen:

Taina

I recentrly choped off my hair. This is my third time and i wanna stay that way. I di it because i love beeing curly, and now here in the board i'm learnig how versatile my hair can be

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I've been natural most of my life there was a short period time in my early 20's when I decided to perm my hair, trust me I didn't know what the heck I was doing nor did I know how to care for my hair properly. I had alot of breakage and frustration so I decided to go back natural. I will admit that since I've been a member of this board I've been thinking about perming my hair once I reach my goal.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I'm currently relaxed. I was texlaxed up until I was about twelve, which is when I made the decision to go completely bone straight, which was a bad move on my part. Most of my hair broke off when I did that.

When my hair was at the height of it's ugliness, I was planning on going natural, because I was only ear-length, so BCing wouldn't have been a big deal. But then my hair got much healthier, so I kept on relaxing. Since I know how to take care of my hair now and it's been flourishing, I will keep on relaxing. I'll do it because I love the feel and look of freshly relaxed hair. I must say that I like messing about in my ng in the early stages of my stretches. But after 12-14 weeks, I'm too scared to even a stick a finger in there, for fear of losing it forever. That stuff is crazy, and I fear what would happen if I let it run wild and free. :nono:

Pooks

My hair is natural, I have never been relaxed or texlaxed and intend to be natural for life!

BostonMaria

1. If you're natural, how long and why did you decide to become natural?
Two years on September 23rd!!! :) Yeah me
I decided back in 2007. I never liked relaxers on me. I hate the way it made my hair thin, dry and too straight. I like the versatility of my curly and straight hair. Plus I couldn't retain length with a relaxer and now I can. My hair is thick now and I finally have the long hair I wanted.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
  1. If you're natural, how long and why did you decide to become natural?
I'm 25 years old and had relaxed hair for about 10 years (from 1995 to 2005) and natural hair for 15 years and counting.

Here are the reasons why I became natural again in 2005. I was tired of getting relaxer touchups and feeling the potential burn. I never had significant damage from relaxers or anything. My hair retained length and looked nice when relaxed. I just cringed everytime I got a touchup. So basically freedom from relaxers was the main reason. I also went natural out of curiosity since my hair was being relaxed out of habit. Lastly, I wanted to embrace my God-given hair texture.

melodies815

I like that the poll results are basically even. This is such a great testimony to this Forum that it caters to everyone. :clap::clap::clap:

By the way, I am natural and chose to be that way because my relaxer and the hard water were not getting along. I think at times that I will relax again when my hair gets around APL or BSL...but I just don't know right now since this most recent BC is still a new journey...

cj

blessedandlucky

i'm relaxed and i just tied up the natural and relaxed votes at 61 each. i can't remember how long i've been relaxed. i do remember being a little girl and liking my texture. i'm curious, however, i'm not willing to transition at this point nor do the BC.

silvergirl

Natural 2005 - 2008 then had a setback, so I bigchopped in June 2008. and just passed a year.

I didnt really choose natural, I just choose not to relax my hair.

MrsSmitty77

I am relaxed however about 10 years ago I was natural. Back then I decided to go natural because I was a military mom and at about 5 months pregnant with my second child and my husband away, I decided at about 7 weeks post relaxer to go the the barber and do a BC. Well I actually wore that for about 1 year before I decided to go back relaxed. Honestly just my perference having been both I prefer relaxed.

dragongirlmk09

i relaxed but right now i am stretching am still not sure if i want to be natural or relaxed as i stretch as my natural hair grows out i will decided then if i want to transition to natural.

Charlie555

I got my first relaxer when I was 20 years old (6 years ago). I am tired of feeling like a slave to the creamy crack :lachen: so I am considering transitioning back to natural.

yardgirl

I've been relaxed for a looong time. I BCed in June because I needed to get rid of those scraggly ends after wearing weaves for 33 months and not taking proper care of my hair underneath it.