Random hair vent....

DreamLife

So I just took out a sew in curly weave...my hair grew but my left side is truly truly messed up...it thinned out so bad! So now I'm at that bad stage of between SL and APL that I can never seem to pass and I haven't had a relaxer in about 8 weeks. My hair looks soooo dry and untamed even though I just did it. I wanted to get some senagalese twists but now that my sides are thin, I need to give them a break:nono:. Im soo tired of trying to grow my hair. I'm just thinking about chopping it all off right now. Or just dying it and getting the Rihanna haircut, my hair always looks so much more polished when it was dyed black, bone straight and short.

I wanted to transition to texlaxed but I'm about to go to medical school and I don't think I will have time to fool with the different textures and what not. I like blunt cuts but my hair never grows evenly and so I'm always disgusted with it, even if I don't have split ends...I just always want it straight and one length. And my new growth is so dry....I'm 4b.

Then my hairdresser was always trying to get me to get layers because she says that my curls won't last without them...and I'm like please...but now I'm thinking about it because I have no type of style to my hair.

UGH!:wallbash::wallbash::darkcloud:

Mz.Shug

I feel you. I took out my braids the week b4 and my sides broke out badly. So now I have shoulder length in the back and my sides are like a little past ear length. Curls slicked back hair into a bannana clip or bun is the only thing workin' for me right now. You can grow your hair back...we can....it's just gonna take a little patience. Oh, btw I got my hair texturized so I'm 50/50 (texed and relaxed) and I gotta tell you I keep more hair on my head now than I did when I had a full relaxer. And it made my hair appear thicker opposed to thinner which helps with appearance. HTH and hugs to you!

Ediese

I'm sorry to hear that. How long did you wear your sew-in? Do you think your hair thinned out on the left side because how your sew-in was taken out? I'm trying to figure out what caused that. What was your regimen, if any, when your weave was installed?

DreamLife

My sides are always thin. And everytime I take out braids my sides look horrible. I used braid spray on the braids underneath(main ingredient was water) and sealed with oil. I think I'm going to attempt texlaxing but no relaxer on the sides or nape at all. I just need to go over all the texlaxing manuals so I can get it right. I took my braids out pretty careful...I think my sides are just so damaged from overlapping relaxer. So maybe I just won't relax my edges and nape for a year and see what happens. The left side has always been thinner than the right side.

I wore the sew in for a month.

Last edited:

Mz.Shug

Do you have fine hair? I do. and i've noticed my hair does alot better w/ low manipulation, and without weaves. I'm going to go the next year w/o any kind of weave and see how my hair does.

DreamLife

Do you have fine hair? I do. and i've noticed my hair does alot better w/ low manipulation, and without weaves. I'm going to go the next year w/o any kind of weave and see how my hair does.

My hair is pretty thick, except for my edges. I think if I got a weave and the braids weren't going to the back it would have done much better...but I'm going to give the weave a break. I've only gotten a full sew in weave about 3 or 4 times.