Rate My Regimen!

Neith

I think I've perfected it... finally! Please feel free to voice ANY concerns and give ANY pointers, I really would like a little feedback on it :yep:

Relaxing:

I relax every 4 months with ORS no-lye super. I process and smooth for 20 minutes, rinse, pour a can of coconut milk over my hair and let it sit for 5 mins, then neutralize thoroughly. I then Deep Condition for 25 mins.

Washing:

I wash my hair weekly. I alternate between shampooing and Co washing it. I clarify/chelater once a month, I always follow with a moisturizing shampoo and a DC after clarifying.

Products : Natures Gate Awaphui Conditioner, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo, ORS creamy aloe shampoo

Conditioning:

I condition after every wash. I always add a tablespoon of oil to my DC. Two times a month I add a tablespoon of henna to my DC for shine. I DC with heat for 25 minutes.

Products: Jojoba Oil, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner OR Miss Keys 10 en 1, Jamila Henna

Protein:

Once every 6 weeks (more or less) I do an aphogee two step treatment. I DC for 30 minutes with heat afterwards. I don't use henna until 2 weeks after. I also wait until 2 weeks after a relaxer to do a protein treatment... and I don't do one in the 2 weeks before a relaxer.

Styling/Moisturizing:

After DCing:

I detangle once weekly after DCing with a wide toothed comb. I apply leave -in and gel and seal with oil.

95% of the time I just airdry loose (see my siggy pic) Sometimes I do a twist out and airdry. I also rollerset for a straight look (sometimes dry under the hooded dryer).

On a daily basis:

In the morning I thoroughly dampen my hair with a water/conditioner mix (ratio 5:1). I then apply a little jojoba oil to it and let it airdry.

At night I put leave - in conditioner in my dry hair and braid it.

Products: Giovanni Direct OR Africa's best liquid hair mayo, Jojoba oil, Aubrey organics B5 Gel OR Fantasia IC gel (green), Nature's Gate Awaphui Conditioner (for my water-conditioner mix)

Other:

I rarely use direct heat.

I apply aloe vera gel to my scalp in the morning and at night. Testing it out as a growth aide.

That's it... any thoughts?

Last edited:

Qualitee

I think it's good. If it works for you then I think you should continue on it. Only you really know whats best for your hair, we only give our opinions. And it up to you to take it or not:grin:

Mrs. Verde

Looks good to me, too. The only thing I would change is regarding protein. I wouldn't put a timeline on protein. I would just listen to my hair and figure out when protein is needed.

Neith

Thanks for the replies everyone! :)

Looks good to me, too. The only thing I would change is regarding protein. I wouldn't put a timeline on protein. I would just listen to my hair and figure out when protein is needed.

How exactly do you know when your hair wants protein? Increased breakage?

I don't really notice much of a difference before and after protein on my healthy hair. Then again, I've never went too long without doing protein.

I've always wondered...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
It sounds like a solid regimen. If I were helping someone put together a regimen, I would strongly advocate that they use a lye relaxer and not a no-lye. I would also suggest clarifying on an as needed basis rather than on a schedule. And then I noticed that you use gel after washing--I'm assuming it's because your hair still has a lot of curl to it and you want your curls defined. If it's not a moisturizing gel, I'd suggest a change to that. :)

Neith

It sounds like a solid regimen. If I were helping someone put together a regimen, I would strongly advocate that they use a lye relaxer and not a no-lye. I would also suggest clarifying on an as needed basis rather than on a schedule. And then I noticed that you use gel after washing--I'm assuming it's because your hair still has a lot of curl to it and you want your curls defined. If it's not a moisturizing gel, I'd suggest a change to that. :)

Thanks for your advice!

I actually like lye for my hair more because it has more shine, but my hair is very resistant and no lye straightens better.

The Aubrey Organics gel is all natural and moisturizing, I'm surprised it's not a hit here... but yes, I do use it for definition. I only use it once a week right after washing too.

I'm going to rethink my scheduling of clarifying and protein. :yep: I'm a little scared not to have it planned out for once in my life.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Thanks for your advice!

I actually like lye for my hair more because it has more shine, but my hair is very resistant and no lye straightens better.

The Aubrey Organics gel is all natural and moisturizing, I'm surprised it's not a hit here... but yes, I do use it for definition. I only use it once a week right after washing too.

I'm going to rethink my scheduling of clarifying and protein. :yep: I'm a little scared not to have it planned out for once in my life.

Okay, gotcha :up: It's hard to go wrong with Aubreys. :yep: