Reached my first Milestone, Now my hair isnt my life. Good or Bad ?

kizzylonghair

Hi Ladies,

Like all of you, at some point you reached your first milestone. Mine was 2 weeks ago. When I hit 3 months of caring for my hair and I relaxed it.
I posted my progress and was very pleased with the results!!
But now my hair isnt my life anymore, the last 3 months all I could do was think about it, measure it and watch it.
I love my hair now, its not breaking, I can rollerset and I am looking after it.
But the past few weeks I have just got on with it without even thinking or worrying about it so much. I am quite happy if I continue to feel like this beacuse the time will go alot quicker.

Does anyone else feel the same ?

I agree with you. When I reached my ultimate goal at the end of last year, I stopped obsessing so much. Now I know my hair has grown a lot, but I'm not sure how much b/c I haven't measured.

I was camera happy last year, now it's been a while since I've taken any progress pix (partially due to going a while w/o a computer). I'll post pix at some point, but it feels nice to not be so obsessed :)

SouthernGirl said:
I agree with you. When I reached my ultimate goal at the end of last year, I stopped obsessing so much. Now I know my hair has grown a lot, but I'm not sure how much b/c I haven't measured.

I was camera happy last year, now it's been a while since I've taken any progress pix (partially due to going a while w/o a computer). I'll post pix at some point, but it feels nice to not be so obsessed :)

SouthernGirl,

Congratulations on reaching your Ultimate goal, I will check out your album I bet its great. I think the obssession has slowed down because I now know what to expect from my hair, I have my staples hair products and vitamins.

Hopefully now that I am more relaxed, the time the fly by. And I'll be bra-strap without even thinking about it

Kizzy

kizzylonghair said:
But the past few weeks I have just got on with it without even thinking or worrying about it so much. I am quite happy if I continue to feel like this beacuse the time will go alot quicker.
I agree. When I don't think or worry about my hair, time goes by much quicker and the next thing I know, my hair improves more and more. :)

*P.S. In your profile, your album address is typed in wrong. It should be like this: http://public.fotki.com/kizzylonghair/

Hey Southergirl :wave:, haven't seen you in a while!

I know what you mean!

Once I "got to know" my hair and its needs I stopped being so obessed with it. I'm so glad I found LHCF because I know that whenever some products stops working for me or my hair changes in some way or another, I can always find the answers here or apply what I've learned.

I now know the main keys to retaining length and have healthy vibrant hair is: Moisture, moisture moisture. Protection, low manipulation, consistency, gentle hands and PATIENCE.

~op~

Poohbear said:
I agree. When I don't think or worry about my hair, time goes by much quicker and the next thing I know, my hair improves more and more. :)

*P.S. In your profile, your album address is typed in wrong. It should be like this: http://public.fotki.com/kizzylonghair/

Hi Poohbear, How you doing, Checked out your album LOOKING GOOD

Well I am hoping the time will fly, I remember waishing my life away the past few months just for the sake of seeing progress in my hair- Not Good

Thanks for letting know about my address, how you have the link is exactly how I want it to appear in my sign :)
I will sort it, you have even taugh my how to change the color of my text. Next I need to learn how to change the font

Thanks

Last edited:
onepraying said:

Hey Southergirl :wave:, haven't seen you in a while!

I know what you mean!

Once I "got to know" my hair and its needs I stopped being so obessed with it. I'm so glad I found LHCF because I know that whenever some products stops working for me or my hair changes in some way or another, I can always find the answers here or apply what I've learned.

I now know the main keys to retaining length and have healthy vibrant hair is: Moisture, moisture moisture. Protection, low manipulation, consistency, gentle hands and PATIENCE.

~op~

Onepraying, Hi girl :wave:

At least I am not the only one who feels this way. I am stopping doing anything but thinking about as much.

Your advice is SO RIGHT

Thanks

Back