Read this before you reach for a discount human hair wig

BlkOnyx488

Ok I was watching CSI Miami so this could be made up but just it case it ain't:lachen:

They found this body that had mites on it. Turns out the mites came from the killer when the victim grabbed at her wig, before being pushed into a wood chipper gross I know but here comes the yuckie part.

They caught the killer because she was wearing a human hair wig that was filled with hair mites because the wig makers stole the hair off dead bodies:nono::nono::nono:

Again I don't know if it's true but who knows where all this human hair is coming from really:ohwell:

LaFemmeNaturelle

That's disgusting. And I doubt (if this were true) that it would only apply to discounted hair. They'll probably try to pull a fast one and just sell some expensive infested hair! EEWWW!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
LOL, I've seen that episode!!
The really funny thing is that out of all the little lessons in that episode, the one that you took away is not to buy discount human hair wigs!!

Ahahaha omg, I love you LHCF ladies! :lachen:

BlkOnyx488

Well see, I am not into plastic surgery for me, killing people with a wood chipper (too messy)
Or stalking people and stabbing their tires, So yeah the hair thing was THE most important lesson for me to learn:lachen::lachen::lachen:

IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT THE HAIR:grin:
LOL, I've seen that episode!!
The really funny thing is that out of all the little lessons in that episode, the one that you took away is not to buy discount human hair wigs!!

Ahahaha omg, I love you LHCF ladies! :lachen:

JC Jane

Um I just watched a Japanese horror call Extensions AND a Korean horror called Wig and both were about people stealing the hair of dead bodies to sell. :( There has to be some truth in this, as anything is possible and the fact that human hair is in such high demand. and worth a pretty penny.

BlkOnyx488

Dang I was hoping this was fake:perplexed:perplexed

Welp next time you by "Real Human Hair" break out the microscope!
Cause they can't be seen with the naked eye

Um I just watched a Japanese horror call Extensions AND a Korean horror called Wig and both were about people stealing the hair of dead bodies to sell. :( There has to be some truth in this, as anything is possible and the fact that human hair is in such high demand. and worth a pretty penny.

Missigirl

Me and my DH finally rented Good Hair and when Chris went to India, the guy who was harvesting the hair said that the hair sometimes had bugs in it......He said he washed it before selling.....:perplexed:......but who really knows.....

BlkOnyx488, the hair part of the show is the only part I would have noticed too...:yep:

BlkOnyx488

There's a foreign film horror movie called hair extentions that was made in 2007 it's all about this guy selling hair weave from a dead girl and people being haunted by her:grin:

I don't think I am ready to see that:ohwell:
Me and my DH finally rented Good Hair and when Chris went to India, the guy who was harvesting the hair said that the hair sometimes had bugs in it......He said he washed it before selling.....:perplexed:......but who really knows.....

BlkOnyx488, the hair part of the show is the only part I would have noticed too...:yep:

kami11213

Unprocessed human hair often has nits in it (the eggs that lice lay) sometimes the vendors will clean the nits out, other times they will sell the hair as is at a discounted price....

prettybyrd

Whenever I read posts like this, I race to Google and Snopes to get the nitty-gritty...I don't think I really want to know the truth in this case...this is yucky and scary! :dead:

BlkOnyx488

ooooohhhhh that's exactly what they said on the show:blush:
So beware ladies cheap human hair might come with something extra:ohwell:

Unprocessed human hair often has nits in it (the eggs that lice lay) sometimes the vendors will clean the nits out, other times they will sell the hair as is at a discounted price....

Ladylyn

eeww not that's just nasty. Thank goodness I very seldom fool with weave. Its bad enough that its so hot and itchy, not I've gotten mites etched in my brain.

BlkOnyx488

Whenever I read posts like this, I race to Google and Snopes to get the nitty-gritty...I don't think I really want to know the truth in this case...this is yucky and scary! :dead:

Well in case you do search Harvesting human hair:look:

eeww not that's just nasty. Thank goodness I very seldom fool with weave. Its bad enough that its so hot and itchy, not I've gotten mites etched in my brain.

I think I am going to stick to the plastic fake hair from now on:ohwell: