**READY TO TRY HENNA***NEED HELP!!!!

MRJ1972

I am ready to try a Henna. My goal is to thicken my hair and obtain a very shiny black color. I want to make this as SIMPLE as possible and I need suggestions.

Where should I purchase the henna? What is the best brand? How do I achieve a black color? ( my natural hair is black) What should I use to mix it? When should henna be applied??? I am relaxed- 4b..and most importantly, when should henna NOT BE used?? ex: immediately before/after relaxer...( i cannot afford any set backs, by using this product incorrectly) LOL

thanks for your help in advance...

msa

Read the "do y'all henna thread", curly Nikki's blog, and the "henna for hair" website and forum. I'm still researching but you can find more than enough answers in those places. IMO, you won't be ready until you read as much as possible.

Last edited:

Tee

Whatever you do, remember to rinse, rinse, rinse, ..........then rinse again! Best wishes.

Ivy Santolina

Body art quality (BAQ) is best because it's pure henna. I heard good reviews about the Jamila brand. I purchase my henna from www.mehandi.com because it's BAQ and it's not stale. Henna can be purchased at a local Indian grocery store too.

I've read that henna can be applied right after a relaxer but I've never done it because I'm too tired. I've waited a week after a relaxer and never had any set backs.

If you want jet black hair then you will need to do a double process henna/indigo treatment. 1st apply the henna to your hair and leave in for a period of time then rinse it out. Next apply the indigo. The indigo only needs to stay in for no more than 1 hour because the dye begins demising after that time. Conditioner can be used to rinse out the henna and the indigo. Lastly, DC with a moisturizing conditioner. I highly recommend an ACV rinse after you rinse out the DC.

Like a previous poster stated - www.hennaforhair.com will have a lot of information. I recommend you only add water to your henna - nothing else. The color will release it just takes time. The indigo only needs 1tsp salt per 100gms and water. It takes less than 15min for dye release.

That's it. Good luck and Happy hennaing.